NIcalis bringing iOS/Android RPG Grinsia to eShop

#1Shadow Stalker XPosted 8/18/2013 11:21:23 AM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=210156

Don't know much about about it, but I'll admit I'm intrigued.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/18/2013 11:25:04 AM
Looks as generic old-school as it gets, but it might be a good pick on the eShop.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#321_21Posted 8/18/2013 11:28:50 AM(edited)
The scene they were referring to as "comical" was not comical at all....

Either way, has me intrigued, but not enough that I want it. I'd have to look at the what other people think of the game, especially since RPGs for mobile phones aren't really on the same calibur as those on game systems.

Looks somewhat interesting, though, but yeah, too generic for me to even bother keeping an eye out for this one.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Lugi: Superstar Saga, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
#4lambchipsPosted 8/18/2013 11:41:45 AM
Good to hear developers are slowly porting ios/android games over

I hope we get breath of fire 6 eventually, as well as all the SE games (chaos rings and infinity blade... im pretty sure there are more, but those are the 2 more popular ones)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#5GenoPosted 8/18/2013 11:47:34 AM
Uh, no offense, but this looks just awful.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#6jedinatPosted 8/18/2013 12:01:46 PM
lambchips posted...

Err... why exactly is this good?
#7Shadow Stalker X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 12:08:44 PM(edited)
Well, I took a look at the only review I could find in regards to the game on GameFAQs, and it mentioned it was pretty well-made, and the only flaws were lag on the field, and needing to confirm actions in battle. But I think Nicalis will fix any of the problems with the game when bringing it over. For now, though, I'll just wait and see.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#8jedinatPosted 8/18/2013 12:17:24 PM(edited)
Shadow Stalker X posted...
Well, I took a look at the only review I could find in regards to the game on GameFAQs, and it mentioned it was pretty well-made, and the only flaws were lag on the field, and needing to confirm actions in battle. But I think Nicalis will fix any of the problems with the game when bringing it over.

The one review on metacritic gave it a 7/10... that's over a year ago for an $8 mobile game. That's not exciting. There was another review that gave it an 8/10... but considering they said they loved retro aesthetics while also saying the plot/characters were extremely cliche... also not exiting.
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 8/18/2013 12:09:27 PM
jedinat posted...
lambchips posted...

Because there are hundreds of good to great games buried in the millions of crappy apps.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10jedinatPosted 8/18/2013 12:14:59 PM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
jedinat posted...
lambchips posted...

Because there are hundreds of good to great games buried in the millions of crappy apps.

I've played a lot of android/iOS games... some are pretty good. I can't really think of any I'd care to see on 3DS. I'd rather get GBA/N64/etc. ports... but I suppose that's less likely.