3DS system transfer combine games to one system from eshop possible?

#1StarryLegatoPosted 8/19/2013 11:51:57 AM
Hi I got a pink 3DS year ago that has Zelda 4 swords, Zelda oracle of ages and seasons on it.

Just got a used black 3DS my bro doesn't want (it has broken buttons etc) and it has a ton of games on it like Kirby, Mario Bros, Links Awakening, etc and eshop credit of like 30 bucks.

Is it possible to combine everything to my pink 3DS? I know you can transfer, but I'm scared to lose my oracle games I paid for. I would like to have all of these games on my pink 3DS. And if this is possible, how do I go about doing so in the correct steps for the transfer. Many thanks! then I can just give the black 3DS to my cousin.
---
3DS FC: 0259-1091-5754
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/19/2013 11:55:38 AM
As the licenses are bound to the system and not an account, simply transferring the black to your pink will do this in one step.

I had a black 3DS with a ton of games and transferred them all to a new 3DS XL which had Mario Kart on it preloaded. I then transferred the system back to my cosmo black and gave the XL to my friend. Simple stuff. And I have Mario Kart, he got just the basic XL system.

Basically it merges the info from both systems to the destination one.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#3SalogyPosted 8/19/2013 11:59:43 AM
You will want to do 2 system transfers, a week apart. Source is pink to target black. Then source black to target pink. That way you keep all your saves from your pink system (plaza data too, friends, etc.) and you get the eShop from the black. Then you move everything to the pink.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#4The Blob2000Posted 8/19/2013 12:06:30 PM(edited)
2 transfers are needed to keep your Streetpass Plaza data and current game saves, yeah. (your system to the black, then wait 7 days and do a transfer from the black one back to your current one).
Transfers force you to combine games into one account, that's how it works by default and there's no other way to do it.

Make sure the black system at least has a reliable touchscreen. I wouldn't want to see you transfer some stuff to it and then not be able to transfer back (pretty unlikely but I guess it's possible).
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#5PlaysaverPosted 8/19/2013 2:00:29 PM
You may want to check on how many transfers are even left on that used 3ds.
If there isn't many left on it you might not find it worth your while to transfer to and from it.
#6The Blob2000Posted 8/19/2013 10:41:28 PM(edited)
Playsaver posted...
If there isn't many left on it you might not find it worth your while to transfer to and from it.

Transferring to a 3DS depends on your transfer amount only, I believe. In other words, this shouldn't matter at all unless he was going to transfer initially from the black to his pink.

You get 5 to start with and as long as he has at least 2 left on the pink, he should be good. But then he would be out of transfers :(
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#790sRetroGamingPosted 8/19/2013 10:58:06 PM
The Blob2000 posted...
Playsaver posted...

Transferring to a 3DS depends on your transfer amount only, I believe. In other words, this shouldn't matter at all unless he was going to transfer initially from the black to his pink.

You get 5 to start with and as long as he has at least 2 left on the pink, he should be good. But then he would be out of transfers :(

Which is why they should do away with the limit all together...
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#8mattfrankPosted 8/19/2013 11:13:36 PM
Sorry i don't understand.

By doing a system transfer once from black to pink 3DS, shouldn't TC have all the files he needs??

Why multiple transfers is needed in the 1st place??
---
FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
#9Primum_MobilePosted 8/20/2013 12:35:07 AM
probably just to keep the other contents of the pink 3DS, like the saves and friend code and stuff, that do get lost for the destination 3DS. Of course if TC don't care about those, or if he actually want the saves and stuff from the black 3DS, one transfer is enough to merge everything.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)