Do Nintendo fans do this?

#1parKb5Posted 8/19/2013 6:03:30 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7955-Im-Going-To-Murder-Your-Children

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/bioware-writer-quits-after-death-threats-to-family-3925970/

It seems the writer of Dragon Age 2 quit the business because hardcore fans of the series threatened to murder her children on the way to school because of her writing. Now I don't play Dragon Age, so I am not 100% what she did to piss these people off or what changes she made, but I often see topics here complaining that each Mario game is the same as the last and that not enough changes were made, but I wonder what the reaction would be if changes are made to the next Mario game.

I don't know if anyone watches Jimquisition, but he talks about how we deserve the yearly Assassin's Creed and C.O.D. crap that we receive because when anyone does something new and exciting, this is the reaction they get.

I think it is mainly aimed towards the X Box/PS3 players but I just couldn't see Nintendo fans going this far. I guess being a "kiddie" system makes us all more mature.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#2AceMosPosted 8/19/2013 6:08:06 PM
every fan base has its monsters

just nintendo's are less frequent and tend to get drwoned out
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3HanfengLinPosted 8/19/2013 6:09:11 PM
To be somewhat fair, DA2's story WAS just about the worst piece of literary filth ever invented.

Beyond the fanfics made by yaoi fangirl shippers.
#4parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:11:17 PM
HanfengLin posted...
To be somewhat fair, DA2's story WAS just about the worst piece of literary filth ever invented.

Beyond the fanfics made by yaoi fangirl shippers.

But does that justify threatening her family? If people want creative and exciting stories in their RPGs, do oyu really think that is the way to get it?

Everyone complains about generic RPGs with predictable stories and if things like this keep up, that is all we are going to be getting.
---
#5MCcakePosted 8/19/2013 6:13:46 PM
Every fanbase has that one person who takes it too seriously. Nintendo is no exception, you just hear from them less often.
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#6mrjack3112Posted 8/19/2013 6:17:50 PM
Crazy Its sad people actually do this over games?
#7RobJ23IsCrushedPosted 8/19/2013 6:31:01 PM
There were Nintendo fans that threaten to massacre Ubisoft because Rayman Legends went multiplat.
---
If the Wii brand was a person, he'd be the deadbeat uncle that embarrasses everyone involved while living off his one moment of glory in late 2006.
#8AceMosPosted 8/19/2013 6:38:17 PM
RobJ23IsCrushed posted...
There were Nintendo fans that threaten to massacre Ubisoft because Rayman Legends went multiplat.

no no there wernt

the worst that happened was fans beign anoyed for its delay
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#9uberking422Posted 8/19/2013 6:42:57 PM
Well, I have seen some pretty excessively awful things said about Nintendo's higher ups over the story, or lack thereof, of some games (Other M, Sticker Star), as well as some overreactions from series elitists (Brawl, Awakening), but I haven't seen anything about family threats.
#10parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:51:19 PM
uberking422 posted...
Well, I have seen some pretty excessively awful things said about Nintendo's higher ups over the story, or lack thereof, of some games (Other M, Sticker Star), as well as some overreactions from series elitists (Brawl, Awakening), but I haven't seen anything about family threats.

I remember the hate on Sticker Star, but it was just directed at the game; I don't recall any threats made against the developers or writers or anything like that. Although to be honest, most of my info is gained either here or from gonintendo.com.
---