Do Nintendo fans do this?

#21Pharsti01Posted 8/20/2013 3:49:56 AM
You wont find a fanbase without its own crazy, pretty sure Nintendo has theirs as well.

Anyway, i thought that had already been mentioned that she eventually quit but not due to the threats... oh well... not like i have much hope for DA anyway.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#22rainbowTROUTPosted 8/20/2013 7:26:12 PM
My goodness, my goodness... There are certainly some demented individuals out there to send death threats for not meeting expectations. If you don't like a game, you move on to the next one!! But, of course, that won't stop a few maniacs from making death threats. What a sad world we live in...
#23EndgamePosted 8/20/2013 7:28:50 PM
no, because those that are still Nintendo fans are blind zealots who believe that Glorious Nintendo is perfect and can do no wrong, and that Iwata and Miyamoto are divine beings

they threaten those who suggest otherwise, not their gods
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#24AceMosPosted 8/20/2013 7:40:11 PM
Endgame posted...
no, because those that are still Nintendo fans are blind zealots who believe that Glorious Nintendo is perfect and can do no wrong, and that Iwata and Miyamoto are divine beings

tal;king to your self in the mirror there about the so called golden age of nintendo which was not so golden?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#25KGTriggerPosted 8/20/2013 9:50:55 PM
AceMos posted...
Endgame posted...

tal;king to your self in the mirror there about the so called golden age of nintendo which was not so golden?

female, eh? ASL?

You can't just divide the fans by consoles, it's the video game fans that are being nuts, not ps3 or xbox 360 fans specifically. Besides the PC "master race" is the one that would really get angry over dragon age anyway.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben
#26DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/20/2013 10:07:51 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Is it as bad as those people who sent death threats cause of Bayonetta 2? And or suicide letters?

I feel like reading these...

Does that make me a bad person?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#27OldDirtyCRPosted 8/20/2013 10:28:36 PM(edited)
Think about it this way. Your game sells 5 million copies to all kinds of people. Kids, teens, adults, seniors. Lower class, middle class, upper class. Sane and insane.

Out of 5 million people there is bound to be people with rage issues. People who are mentally unstable. People who may suffer from some kind of mental instability that are so engrossed in a certain IP's universe that they are willing to be violent if they don't agree with the direction a new release takes. Murderers are people too, they have/had hobbies. Even if it's just 5 individuals out of the 5 million, they exist.

These are the people that do crap like this. Every fanbase has them, including Nintendo fanbases. I know someone who is extremely unstable who smashed his Wii after playing Skyward Sword because he hated what "that b****** did to the series". This man has been in jail several times for assault and rage related issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something stupid like sending threatening mail to the creator of Zelda. The reason we aren't seeing this kind of thing happen with Nintendo as often is because of the language and geographically difference. If you hate Miyamoto, you can't just email him your hate unless you know Japanese. It's hard to threaten someone thousands of miles away.

Being a fan of a certain console or series does not make you crazy. Being crazy makes you crazy. This is one of the downfalls of the Information Age. Everyone's opinion is more accessible. So people who are in a rage can send off an email in a matter of seconds without having time to think their actions through.
---
Official husband of Skyla.