The Next Mario & Luigi RPG: Various "Yay or Nay"s

#1wiiking96Posted 8/23/2013 5:46:19 AM
Post "Yay" or "Nay" to each of the following items below:

Assuming that the next Mario & Luigi has Mario & Luigi as the protagonists again(no Bowser, in other words) . . .

Would you want to see two different battle systems again?

Would you want to see Hammer Chop and Hammer Uppercut implemented into the main battle system, as opposed to just giant battles?

Would you want Giant Battles to return at all?

Would you want to re-explore the Beanbean Kingdom?

Would you want to explore a "Celestial Kingdom" based around the Star Sprites, Star Haven, and other such things?

Would you want Peach to have a more unique role in the story than "Damsel in Distress"?

Would you want to see a return of the Shroobs?

Would you want to see Midbus return?

Would you want to see an entirely new villain?

Would you want to see characters like Wario, Daisy, and so forth be present?

Would you want to see more returning characters from Superstar Saga?

Would you want a more lighthearted story?

Would you want a darker story?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/23/2013 5:48:05 AM
Yay, nay, yay, nay, yay, yay, nay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, nay.

Phew.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 5:51:41 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Yay, nay, yay, nay, yay, yay, nay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, nay.

Phew.

Could you explain why you wouldn't want to see Hammer Chop & Uppercut?

Just trying to nudge some discussion along.
---
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/23/2013 6:00:07 AM
Well, that's the one I thought about the hardest actually. They'd be useful for launching an enemy into a background hazard or overturning another, but as it stands, they work mostly to take advantage of set-pieces in the giant battles. I mean, the overturning is useful, but it can already be done with just the normal hammer attack (well, in the Dream World at least, but they could work it into the normal battle system in the next game). It's very basic strategy, but I feel it could trivialize some enemies too much if you could just do that. I'd rather have similar effects integrated with the Bros Attacks so that there is at least a modicum of skill (and BP usage) involved. Also, something you didn't ask about but definitely gets my "yay" is having the Dream World's dodge/counter system implemented in the real world. It could get pretty hectic with both brothers, but it's a lot more exciting than just jumping and hammering.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5Lord_FroodPosted 8/23/2013 6:39:38 AM
I'm just imaging a M&L game that plays something like TWEWY.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#6SMASHKING84Posted 8/23/2013 6:59:45 AM
yes

Would you want to see Hammer Chop and Hammer Uppercut implemented into the main battle system, as opposed to just giant battles?
yes
no because gyro controls.
yes

Would you want to explore a "Celestial Kingdom" based around the Star Sprites, Star Haven, and other such things?
yes
Would you want Peach to have a more unique role in the story than "Damsel in Distress"?
don't care either way,so no
yes
not really i didn't like him.
only if he's in multiple games like fawful was,so no.
yes
yes
yes to both i want the story to be a mixture of humor and drama if i had to pick one it'd be humor because the drama angle is kinda boring now.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.Playing Xillia And Dream Team.
#7AceGamer11xPosted 8/23/2013 7:55:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8QUIKPosted 8/23/2013 7:56:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9betterboulderPosted 8/23/2013 9:12:00 AM
Yay

Nay

Nay

Nay

Yay

Yay

Nay

Yay

Yay

YAY!!!

Nay

Nay

Yay
---
More than happy to purchase the Wii U as my Smash Bros. Box
NintendoNetwork/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#10wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 1:19:26 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Well, that's the one I thought about the hardest actually. They'd be useful for launching an enemy into a background hazard or overturning another, but as it stands, they work mostly to take advantage of set-pieces in the giant battles. I mean, the overturning is useful, but it can already be done with just the normal hammer attack (well, in the Dream World at least, but they could work it into the normal battle system in the next game). It's very basic strategy, but I feel it could trivialize some enemies too much if you could just do that. I'd rather have similar effects integrated with the Bros Attacks so that there is at least a modicum of skill (and BP usage) involved.

It all depends on how it's implemented. Some enemies would be affected differently by the attacks than others. I'm thinking that a lot of normal enemies could also appear in the background, and defeating them nets you extra EXP and coins. Enemies in the background would simply use an attack that enemies in a normal position would use, like how those pterodactyl enemies work.

Also, something you didn't ask about but definitely gets my "yay" is having the Dream World's dodge/counter system implemented in the real world. It could get pretty hectic with both brothers, but it's a lot more exciting than just jumping and hammering.

I'm not sure exactly how that would work. Would you be able to control the brothers independently when moving them? Maybe some new defenses that are simply based off the Dream Team ones would be better.
---