Sonic Generations not available on eshop. Anyone know why?

#1Yelnam-26Posted 8/23/2013 8:50:16 AM
Looking at some of the sonic games on the eshop, triple trouble caught my interest and then I went to the end and saw sonic generations that's no longer available. Does anyone know why? is it possible to get a physical version of this game? Is it good?

Also, which sonic game for the game gear would you recommend?
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#290sRetroGamingPosted 8/23/2013 9:05:55 AM
Yelnam-26 posted...
Looking at some of the sonic games on the eshop, triple trouble caught my interest and then I went to the end and saw sonic generations that's no longer available. Does anyone know why? is it possible to get a physical version of this game? Is it good?

Also, which sonic game for the game gear would you recommend?

I don't think Generations has ever been availible on the eShop. yes, you can get that physically and i DEFINITELY recommend getting Sonic 2 GG if you only choose one! :D.
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#3Yelnam-26(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 9:16:48 AM
Hmmm. Weird as it is definitely on the Eshop sonic section, it has a star rating as well, but it says "Not available" underneath. Maybe its just counting it as an esho available game because of people giving there physical copy of the game a rating and as a result it showed up in the store.
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#4xellos667Posted 8/23/2013 9:19:04 AM
It indeed never wasd available, but surely will be at one point. But while I don't hate Sonic Generations like many people around here (for such a short developpment time Sega have given Dimps, (we're talking a few months compared to the years for the HD version), I think they did a great job), what I want from Sega EVEN MORE on the eShop is Rhythm Thief, which is the best 3DS game period. I would pay full price to have it again digitally because it really deserves it.
---
My 3DS digital games collection:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#5AceGamer11xPosted 8/23/2013 9:21:17 AM
xellos667 posted...
what I want from Sega EVEN MORE on the eShop is Rhythm Thief, which is the best 3DS game period. I would pay full price to have it again digitally because it really deserves it.

---
Lurker of adofus
FC: 1590-4913-4456
#6chestershadowPosted 8/23/2013 9:26:58 AM
Yelnam-26 posted...
Hmmm. Weird as it is definitely on the Eshop sonic section, it has a star rating as well, but it says "Not available" underneath. Maybe its just counting it as an esho available game because of people giving there physical copy of the game a rating and as a result it showed up in the store.

Just because its listed on the eshop in the manner you described doesnt mean it is (or ever was previously) available for digital download. Why its not up there? Sega has been a shell of themselves, although thats mostly because they have been having money issues.

I wouldnt doubt its lack of being up there due to a combination to a lack of funding and that Sega might not expect to make alot of sales on the game at this point. (Hence why Nintendo now has a deal with Sega to have rights to use Sonic in their games, as well as Nintendo take a crack at making a sonic game.