All aboard the Sonic Lost World hype train!!!

#1WrestlinFanPosted 8/24/2013 9:01:19 AM
I've waited so long for a 3D Sonic on handhelds.
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#2Nightstar1994Posted 8/24/2013 9:34:15 AM
HYPEEE

It has instrumental version of Sonic Heroes song. Best song from best Sonic game ever.
---
Official Landorus
#3FefnirOmega13Posted 8/24/2013 9:58:08 AM
How dare you openly show love and respect for Sonic the Hedgehog? The Genesis era was the best and everything else is SLIME!

Now taste my steel!
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here! :|: 3DS FC in quote
#4WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:06:07 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
How dare you openly show love and respect for Sonic the Hedgehog? The Genesis era was the best and everything else is SLIME!

Now taste my steel!

That's no good!!!!
---
#5tremain07Posted 8/24/2013 10:21:07 AM
The game is extremely lazy and hastily made how can anyone truly be excited for it ?

-The stages are all the same boring straight line with the occasional barrier you need to bypass via gimmicky wisps powers or beating a certain amount of enemies

- The graphics are very dated hell sonic's model is flat out lifted from generations 3ds as well as the cutscenes once again being limited to what they were from previous titles starting with Rush text box with character models with old voice clips.

- The music is barely memorable at all which has been a problem since Unleashed the original tracks for Generations were terrible and boring

- The main selling point of the game is parkour yet Sonic can only do this on certain walls and even then it's automated where you have no control except jump timing.

- Spring loading times are frequent as well as short on rails sections that mimic the mach speed area's of sonic the disaster

- There are absolutely zero alternate paths to take as the other parts of the cylinder are walled off by wires or invisible walls you might as well be playing in a large hallway

all of these problems show that sega did not care one bit about this version Dimps however did but like always being regulated to a short development time and being a bastardized version of a console title on a weaker system leaves us with a game that leaves alot to be desired. I wish sonic handheld titles went back to being their own thing instead of mini cashins on the big titles.
---
I got nothing
#6WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:31:18 AM
tremain07 posted...
The game is extremely lazy and hastily made how can anyone truly be excited for it ?

-The stages are all the same boring straight line with the occasional barrier you need to bypass via gimmicky wisps powers or beating a certain amount of enemies

- The graphics are very dated hell sonic's model is flat out lifted from generations 3ds as well as the cutscenes once again being limited to what they were from previous titles starting with Rush text box with character models with old voice clips.

- The music is barely memorable at all which has been a problem since Unleashed the original tracks for Generations were terrible and boring

- The main selling point of the game is parkour yet Sonic can only do this on certain walls and even then it's automated where you have no control except jump timing.

- Spring loading times are frequent as well as short on rails sections that mimic the mach speed area's of sonic the disaster

- There are absolutely zero alternate paths to take as the other parts of the cylinder are walled off by wires or invisible walls you might as well be playing in a large hallway

all of these problems show that sega did not care one bit about this version Dimps however did but like always being regulated to a short development time and being a bastardized version of a console title on a weaker system leaves us with a game that leaves alot to be desired. I wish sonic handheld titles went back to being their own thing instead of mini cashins on the big titles.

I knew you'd pop in and harsh my buzz.
---
#7tremain07Posted 8/24/2013 10:36:32 AM
Just telling the truth
---
I got nothing
#8WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:39:28 AM
tremain07 posted...
Just telling the truth

Your criticisms have a lot of assumptions.
---
#9tremain07Posted 8/24/2013 10:42:10 AM
How so? rarely do sonic games change from the gameplay we've seen so far especially handheld titles.
---
I got nothing
#10Pork_buttonmashPosted 8/24/2013 10:44:30 AM
tremain07 posted...
rarely do games change

THIS
---
I play women like I play videogames.... using cheat codes.