All aboard the Sonic Lost World hype train!!!

#11WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:45:30 AM
tremain07 posted...
How so? rarely do sonic games change from the gameplay we've seen so far especially handheld titles.

But you haven't played the full game have you?Until you have, you are just assuming that "all the levels are boring straight lines".
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#12tremain07Posted 8/24/2013 11:47:33 AM(edited)
Changing someone's words is unbecoming for such a...err...human? like yourself do stop as it serves little purpose.

as for the post above me we've seen several acts and gameplay that's more then enough to make a solid opinion on what the rest of the game holds
---
I got nothing
#13WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 5:46:22 PM
tremain07 posted...
Changing someone's words is unbecoming for such a...err...human? like yourself do stop as it serves little purpose.

as for the post above me we've seen several acts and gameplay that's more then enough to make a solid opinion on what the rest of the game holds

You can't say "all the levels blahblahblahbla" or "all the music will be *insert complaint here*" from just seeing a couple of levels.
---
#14Koi_TenchiPosted 8/24/2013 5:55:04 PM
Sorry TC, but I REALLY want to like that game but I refuse to let myself be hyped for it.

I've been burned by Sega too many times in the past.

Now I'm not saying I think the game will be bad, I'm just saying I feel I have good reason to approach the game with a very cautious neutrality so that maybe I won't be that disappointed or maybe I'll end up pleasantly surprised.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#15scorchrePosted 8/24/2013 5:57:11 PM
Aww crap. I got on the wrong train.
---
Playing - Tales of Xillia (PS3 - 9/10) Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 - 8/10) Shadow Hearts 3 (PS2 - 8/10) Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS Demo) Legend of Legaia (PSX - 7/10)
#16WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 5:57:41 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Sorry TC, but I REALLY want to like that game but I refuse to let myself be hyped for it.

Now I'm not saying I think the game will be bad, I'm just saying I feel I have good reason to approach the game with a very cautious neutrality so that maybe I won't be that disappointed or maybe I'll end up pleasantly surprised.

Your loss

CHUGGGA CHUGGGA CHOO CHOO!!!!!
---
#17PhoenixRushPosted 8/24/2013 6:00:10 PM
Can't wait to play both versions.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#18Koi_TenchiPosted 8/24/2013 6:04:43 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

Your loss

: ( but... But...

I'll probably still buy it eventually.

I'll just either wait for a sale or wait after reviews start coming out if I see enough positive ones...

Can I at least still ride coach?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#19MagnemightPosted 8/24/2013 6:04:59 PM
tremain07 posted...
The game is extremely lazy and hastily made how can anyone truly be excited for it ?

-The stages are all the same boring straight line with the occasional barrier you need to bypass via gimmicky wisps powers or beating a certain amount of enemies

- The graphics are very dated hell sonic's model is flat out lifted from generations 3ds as well as the cutscenes once again being limited to what they were from previous titles starting with Rush text box with character models with old voice clips.

- Spring loading times are frequent as well as short on rails sections that mimic the mach speed area's of sonic the disaster

- There are absolutely zero alternate paths to take as the other parts of the cylinder are walled off by wires or invisible walls you might as well be playing in a large hallway

all of these problems show that sega did not care one bit about this version Dimps however did but like always being regulated to a short development time and being a bastardized version of a console title on a weaker system leaves us with a game that leaves alot to be desired. I wish sonic handheld titles went back to being their own thing instead of mini cashins on the big titles.

That's kind've odd, actually. All of the problems I've left in the quote are problems that are entirely exclusive to the Dimps version of the game; all the gameplay demos on YouTube of the Wii U version show plenty of alternate paths, and the wisps function in a similar manner to the Super Abilities of Kirby's Return to Dreamland: simplistic gameplay changes that allow one to temporarily rack up points and enter secret areas. You never need to use wisps or fight enemies in the Wii U version.

On the other hand, these other two issues:

- The music is barely memorable at all which has been a problem since Unleashed the original tracks for Generations were terrible and boring

I can't say that this isn't a thing. I haven't heard any music that's particularly memorable in the demos.

However, while Generations had rather terrible original themes, there were only around four of them (Birthday theme, Time Eater theme, Time Eater Classic, Time Eater Modern). Sonic Colors, Sonic Team's previous title, did have a decent score.

- The main selling point of the game is parkour yet Sonic can only do this on certain walls and even then it's automated where you have no control except jump timing.

I don't seem to ever recall seeing someone fail to parkour up a wall in a video. One does have to hold a button to actually start the parkour, and it's automated from there, but you may as well complain that the Homing Attack is automated.

I only have a 3DS, but I do plan to wait on a Wii U price reduction and grab the Wii U version rather than get the 3DS version now; the difference between the two is staggering. 'Sides, there's plenty of other great 3DS games to grab now, anyways.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#20WrestlinFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:06:18 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
WrestlinFan posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

Your loss

: ( but... But...

I'll probably still buy it eventually.

I'll just either wait for a sale or wait after reviews start coming out if I see enough positive ones...

Can I at least still ride coach?

No, get the hell off my hype train. You can sit at the realist station with mr. "I've got nothing".
---