---
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."
#22AceMosPosted 8/26/2013 11:11:33 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
AceMos posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
McMarbles posted...
Does a new 3DS with slight improvements come out every six months yet?

Well, Nintendo is the only of the 3 hardware companies that makes revisions and markets them as such with the exception of the PSP Go from Sony. Which is why when you look at sales numbers on NDP and Mediacreate, Nintendo systems have their numbers separately like 3DS,3DSXL, DS,DSi,DS Lite, DSXL and Sony's and Microsofts are together.

Nintendo markets their revisions as new systems while Sony and MS make revisions to manufacture cheaper.

For instance, the 3DS was $180 when the 3DS XL released for $200
The PSP 1000 was $200 when the PSP 2000 released for $250. But that came in a bundle with Family Guy, Daxter and 1GB memory card, all worth more than $50.

Sony doesn't make revisions just to get more sales or charge more like Nintendo does. Nintendo is like Apple in that respect

there are 5 PSP model's thats one more than DS

and the ps3 and 360 both had svrl models

and sony REMOVED features from future ps3 modesl (removed ps2 funtions)

Difference is like I stated, Sony doesn't remodel and market each system as a new revision like Nintendo does. Sony takes away features and cuts down the production cost on each revision to sell it at a cheaper price or in a bundle. Sony removed bc with PS2 games to drop the price of the PS3 because the PS2 parts were expensive. Or would people rather Sony have kept the PS3 ~$600 a year after its release? They were already taking a $350+ loss on each system sold

Nintendo markets each revision as a new system and charges a premium price. Which is why NDP and Media create split Nintendo system sales, because they're treated as different systems

uh i dont recall any DS model costing much if any more than the original

and um when has nintenod ever marketed ANY revision as a new system

they allwasy make it clear that the new model is just that a new model
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#23ferofaxPosted 8/27/2013 7:17:06 AM
I don't remember Iwata saying they'd go thermonuclear war on Sony. I also don't remember Nintendo suing people left and right for using a dpad or shoulder buttons or clamshell designs (design features that, though may not be originally theirs, were made popular by them -- put that in contrast versus Apple suing over "rounded corners").
---
Boomerang and RecoilDown+3 Evangelist
#24n00bsaib0tPosted 8/27/2013 7:21:29 AM
badboy posted...
No, iDevices aren't region locked.

The hell they aren't.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#25SignusZerielPosted 8/27/2013 7:25:25 AM
If anyone is the Apple of gaming, Sony is.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#26SpideymasterPosted 8/27/2013 7:28:58 AM
bruno1983br posted...
More like the Pineapple!

I have no idea why, but this made me laugh a lot.
---
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.
#27mad9671Posted 8/27/2013 7:35:16 AM
I don't know because Nintendo doesn't use superior technology than its competitors does but just like Apple is the epitome of computers, Nintendo is the epitome of gaming ! I love all of my Nintendo handhelds and my Wii which are completely compatible with my Apple Mac Mini. In other words I am both a Nintendo and an Apple fan (who was also a Sony fan previously until they released PS3 and Vita) ! Okay I am a fan of all wonderful things including electronics !
---
---3DS:4811-7170-1062. Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have a character:-Pulp Fiction
#28Black_AssassinPosted 8/27/2013 7:42:48 AM
AceMos posted...

Nintendo removed features from the Wii Mini as well.
---
lowercase
#29Human-BeanPosted 8/27/2013 7:44:19 AM
AceMos posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
McMarbles posted...
Does a new 3DS with slight improvements come out every six months yet?

Well, Nintendo is the only of the 3 hardware companies that makes revisions and markets them as such with the exception of the PSP Go from Sony. Which is why when you look at sales numbers on NDP and Mediacreate, Nintendo systems have their numbers separately like 3DS,3DSXL, DS,DSi,DS Lite, DSXL and Sony's and Microsofts are together.

Nintendo markets their revisions as new systems while Sony and MS make revisions to manufacture cheaper.

For instance, the 3DS was $180 when the 3DS XL released for $200
The PSP 1000 was $200 when the PSP 2000 released for $250. But that came in a bundle with Family Guy, Daxter and 1GB memory card, all worth more than $50.

Sony doesn't make revisions just to get more sales or charge more like Nintendo does. Nintendo is like Apple in that respect

there are 5 PSP model's thats one more than DS

and the ps3 and 360 both had svrl models

Nintendo REMOVED Game Cube compatibility on later Wii models.
---
Human Being = Human Bean = Jelly Bean. It's a conspiracy, we are all going to get eaten
#30n00bsaib0tPosted 8/27/2013 7:55:59 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
AceMos posted...

Nintendo removed features from the Wii Mini as well.

Shhh, he'll call you a fanboy for using logic.

Also GB Micro removed GB/C support, DSi removed GBA support, and from what I can gather all online functionality is removed from the Wii Mini to elaborate on your post, which effectively gimps the system entirely without access to WiiWare or VC titles.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile