3DS virtual console has only NES, Gameboy, and Game Gear games.

#11UponADarkThornePosted 8/27/2013 11:04:51 AM
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
y would i care about ambassador and japan only stuff if i've no access to either of those?

and up until the DS(arguably gameboy advance) handheld games were inferior to console games. who cares about gameboy/gameboy color games?

You missed a lot of great handheld games with that sort of mindset.
#12Groudon199Posted 8/27/2013 11:11:33 AM
I'm more upset about non-3DS games and VC games being slightly blurry when playing them on a regular 3DS (unless you hold Start, which makes them not fill the entire screen).
#13QuestofChosenPosted 8/27/2013 11:28:30 AM
Chaoswing135 posted...
Does anybody think the 3DS is strong enough to play N64 games because I would love to play Paper Mario on the go.

Well the 3DS is a lot stronger than the N64, but not sure if a N64 emulator would run well on 3DS.
#14evoxpiscesPosted 8/27/2013 11:38:26 AM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
3DS VC also has Game Boy Color games, Game Boy Advance games (Ambassador exclusive), Famicon Disc System games (Japan only), and a TurboGrafx-16 game (Japan only).

EDIT: And in 3D Classics, there are NES games and coming soon, Genesis games.

What Sega Genesis games are going to become 3D classics?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
#15AdamantBMagePosted 8/27/2013 1:51:49 PM
evoxpisces posted...

What Sega Genesis games are going to become 3D classics?

Sonic the Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Streets of Rage and Shinobi III are out thus far in Japan. There may be more in the future.

Sega has also released arcade games Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Altered Beast and Galaxy Force II in the same series.

(note that despite what certain sites tell you, this is a separate series from Nintendo's "3D Classics", and the presentation is quite different. The series doesn't have a name, though, the releases are just titled "3D Super Hang-On", "3D Sonic the Hedgehog", etc)
#16VideogamegalaxyPosted 8/27/2013 2:16:23 PM
Chaoswing135 posted...
Does anybody think the 3DS is strong enough to play N64 games because I would love to play Paper Mario on the go.

Super Mario 64 DS, Ocarina of Time 3S, and Starfox 64 3DS say hello. There's also
Sonic Classic Collection, 4 Genesis games in one
Mega Man Zero Collection, 4 Gameboy Advance games in one
Kirby Superstar Ultra
#17EngineR2Posted 8/27/2013 2:26:37 PM
Videogamegalaxy posted...
Chaoswing135 posted...

Super Mario 64 DS, Ocarina of Time 3S, and Starfox 64 3DS say hello. There's also
Sonic Classic Collection, 4 Genesis games in one
Mega Man Zero Collection, 4 Gameboy Advance games in one
Kirby Superstar Ultra

The 64 games are remakes. However, if the 3DS is truly stronger than the Wii, and the resolution doesn't get in the way, along with other possible coding issues, then in theory it could be emulated.
At this point, the only way you'd see Paper Mario, is if they remade the game like the others.
---
Changed my sig, because Mega Man in Smash Bros. is all that matters, now. Except Sonic. Not changing this part until he's announced.
#18mabber_IIIPosted 8/27/2013 2:27:51 PM
yeah, we need some lnyx, turboexpress, and virtual boy games
#19ChemicalBurritoPosted 8/27/2013 4:12:08 PM
I would spend *so* much money in the eshop for Genesis/SNES/TG-16 games. And no, I'm not buying a Wii U for any of that because the entire point of me getting said games would be to play them on a portable.

A portable with better battery life than either my Nomad or my TurboExpress...
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#20EngineR2Posted 8/27/2013 5:26:30 PM
I wish I still owned a Nomad. I couldn't deal with the blurred refresh rate on the screen, though, and I received constant headaches after I played it. Sadly, I ended up selling it, along with Sonic 1-Knuckles, to help pay for a bill. If it had a better refresh rate(and better battery), I'd get one again.
---
Changed my sig, because Mega Man in Smash Bros. is all that matters, now. Except Sonic. Not changing this part until he's announced.