Why the CoD hate?

#1Lord_FroodPosted 8/27/2013 4:16:39 AM(edited)
Seriously, if you dislike CoD, why?
inb4yearlyrehash
inb4lolDLC
inb4multiplayer
inb4fanbase

Okay, well, DLC is a legit complaint, but neither its popularity online due to multilayer or the fact that they're yearly actually affects the gameplay.

Without trolling this topic to death, I'd like to hear actual legit reasons for not liking the GAME. Not the fanbase. Not the yearly installments. Give me reasons you don't like the actual gameplay.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#2SaitamakoPosted 8/27/2013 4:20:57 AM
The company puts no effort in improving the game. Each "Yearlyrehash" as you say, that comes out, is basically one huge cluster**** of DLC. Also, gaming has come down to enjoying superficial games like CoD. I could also rant about Gears of War or God of War. Both awful games that the current gaming generation praises as two of the best games of all time LOL.
#3ZamnatoPosted 8/27/2013 4:22:01 AM
People don't like cod because they don't innovate and keep selling like hot breads in the morning.
---
Psn: Zamnato-
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 8/27/2013 4:37:21 AM
I just don't like how the level of bull****ery somehow increases every year. Every year they add some kind of stupid element that people eventually abuse or just in general are annoying with and it gets to be grating. That and somehow or other they make connectivity with multiplayer worse, then blame the players for it. ????
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5RolloverBouncinPosted 8/27/2013 4:39:21 AM
Cash cow. The milk is gone but they still keep squeezing and the fans continue to pay even when nothing's left.
---
Only two console brands on the market: Nintendo and Xboxstation. There used to be three, but sadly the PlayStation identity died with the PS2.
- Emerald_Melios
#6parKb5Posted 8/27/2013 4:43:03 AM(edited)
I don't like them b/c I am not a big fan of war games and I don't like first person shooters, I get lost and discombobulated. I didn't even like the Metroid Prime line of games and I don't play EO b/c of that, too.

Any game where you "see through the eyes of the character" is not for me. I almost didn't pick up Soul Hackers b/c of that fact and part of me wishes that I hadn't b/c then I might have picked up SMT IV.

I just wanted to give a real reason and not just hate on the game b/c I'm hip and cool.

...because I already am.

edit: it seems like everyone hates on this game b/c of the yearly releases, does that mean when the first CoD game came out you all liked it?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#7SMASHKING84Posted 8/27/2013 4:40:03 AM
Well for ME i just personally HATE any fps that's NOT golden eye.
it's nothing to do with cod it's self

What i'm sick of seeing is people crying "rehash"
no game should ever be called that UNLESS it's literally a port.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#8KAMMYqueenPosted 8/27/2013 5:07:12 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
inb4yearlyrehash
inb4lolDLC
inb4multiplayer
inb4fanbase

Okay, well, DLC is a legit complaint, but neither its popularity online due to multilayer or the fact that they're yearly actually affects the gameplay.

Without trolling this topic to death, I'd like to hear actual legit reasons for not liking the GAME. Not the fanbase. Not the yearly installments. Give me reasons you don't like the actual gameplay.

You what to know the reason i hate it? because it's the same game every year
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 8/27/2013 5:09:24 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
inb4yearlyrehash
inb4lolDLC
inb4multiplayer
inb4fanbase

You what to know the reason i hate it? because it's the same game every year

No, you hate it because you're an elitist blowhard.
#10SMASHKING84Posted 8/27/2013 5:10:53 AM
it's not the same every year.
the same implies 100% the same
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4