Why the CoD hate?

#121WrestlinFanPosted 8/27/2013 12:42:34 PM
Meh, the only CoD I like was Black Ops. I still pop in for some online every now and again.

Community is dumb beyond belief. You feel really sheltered by GameFAQs after spending time reading the comments of a CoD video.
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#122Tempest717Posted 8/27/2013 12:48:30 PM
They hate it because they're taught too by other Nintendo fanboys. That and the fact that its far more popular on the Xbox and PlayStation.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#123Halladay32Posted 8/27/2013 12:49:46 PM
Personally, I'm generally not a fan of realistic FPS games, especially ones set in realistic environments/situations. I also can't help but not get interested in a series where the points that they emphasize for their new game are the facts that you can play as a female in multiplayer, that the fish swim away from you, and that you can see the dirt under characters' fingernails. I'm sorry, but I can't help but think that they're focusing on the wrong things when they mention those "improvements".
---
"My two favourite things are commitment and changing myself."
#124Yelnam-26Posted 8/27/2013 1:00:17 PM
Mr_Delcroix posted...
NinjaPirateDood posted...
You shoot and kill enemies in single player. You shoot and kill enemies in multiplayer. Sure, the same argument could be brought up for Borderlands, but there is one key difference: I enjoy Borderlands. The game has way more personality and substance. Multiplayer co-op is actually fun and not just
TEAM DEATHMATCH AFTER TEAM DEATHMATCH. The playable characters' special abilities, the many different guns, and the fascinating NPCs give it more life than Call of Yearly.

Also, war games are wack.

Borderlands isn't a tactical military shooter. You can't even compare CoD to borderlands.

cod. tactical? wtf am I reading?
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#125BannanaBomb2002Posted 8/27/2013 1:02:04 PM
Because its a crap fps based on all the good ones that have come before and after it.
#126Yelnam-26Posted 8/27/2013 1:08:54 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Meh, the only CoD I like was Black Ops. I still pop in for some online every now and again.

Community is dumb beyond belief. You feel really sheltered by GameFAQs after spending time reading the comments of a CoD video.

my favourite was call of duty 4 and I didn't mind world at war and mw2. after that it got boring.
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#127QuaguamanPosted 8/27/2013 1:10:59 PM
I don't like cod because its just another generic shooter. the games are all very similar, they do so little to change each game, the dlc is overpriced for what it is and there is so much of it (some dlc was likely done before the game was finished as well)

every time another cod game comes out that is nearly identical to the last but sells amazingly anyway makes me wish we could go back to when shooters didn't make up half the games that come out.
---
(0)_(0)
#128LeoXenonPosted 8/27/2013 1:22:20 PM
I don't dislike cod, it's just the newer games haven't been as exciting as cod 4 and mw2. From black ops-present the cod games haven't been as enjoyable, it's just a game where you spray at people, spam car windows, and blow things up, not to mention all the kids screaming on their mics trying to get attention.
#129DeitylightPosted 8/27/2013 1:24:51 PM
I don't dislike COD myself, I actually questioned some of my friends who disliked it and it all came down to the community.

As for the rehashing argument if it sells and people still enjoy, more power to them. Play what you like.
#130Godstriker8Posted 8/27/2013 1:31:02 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
The only thing that differentiates each installment of CoD is:

Weapon Skins

Maps for Multiplayer and setting for Campaign

Bonus: 1-2 new TYPES of weapons and/or Perks

Other than that, the games look and play the same as the previous installment before it. There's ZERO innovation between each release, and the above differences can easily be implemented as DLC rather than full retail releases.

Here's a game you can play....it's called 'Name at least 5 reasons for each Call of Duty game why they are innovative and enjoyable without repeating any reasons between games'

COD4:
-Customizable Loadouts
-Kill Streaks
-Levelling System
-21st century setting
-Perks

WaW
-Vehicles
-Zombies
-I don't know what else, I don't own it

MW2
-Killstreaks can be set, lots more of them
-Emblems and Titles offer fun challenges to shoot for online
-Deathstreaks
-Spec Ops introduces fun co-op
-Pro Perks

BO
-CoD Points system
-Robust Emblem creator
-Capture and edit gameplay footage and upload it, plus download movies/pictures
-Cold War era
-Single Protagonist campaign, Protagonist finally speaks when you play as them
-Fun side games, like Zork and Twin Stick shooter zombie

MW3
-Spec Ops/Zombie hybrid mode
-Kill confirmed game mode introduced
-Killstreak load outs
-Dunno what else, didn't like nor play the game much

BO2:
-RTS Single player missions
-Campaign has choices that change the story and multiple endings
-Dual Time Periods
-Set in near future, leads to more interesting guns and gadgets
-Pick 10 class system greatly expanded how much customization you could use for classes
-Free roaming zombie map/mode
-competitive zombie mode introduced (4v4)

There's probably some stuff I'm forgetting, but these games usually do innovate far more than people like to give it credit for.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!