Did they severely reduce the number of Nintendo Zones?

#1MNSpectrePosted 8/27/2013 10:59:44 AM
Has anyone had problems with Nintendo Zone?

I was stopping the McD's near where I work to get the Animal Crossing DLC but it hadn't worked the last few times I tried.

I decided to look online at the Nintendo page, and now it only lists Best Buy and some hotels around here! The closest McD's still listed on their site as a "Nintendo Zone" is about 40 miles away.

It used to be at pretty much every McD's, Starbucks, and Best Buy around where I am.

Are there a ton of locations missing for other people too?
#2lilpuddy31Posted 8/27/2013 11:15:43 AM
I've had the same problem with the McDs by my work, I haven't gotten anything from it for about a week, and that's going in with BOTH of my 3ds'.
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#3MNSpectre(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 11:33:13 AM
Does your McDonald's still show up here?

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone
#4MrMacgamerPosted 8/27/2013 11:41:31 AM
Starbucks changed to Google for their wifi.
---
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.
#5Phantom_NookPosted 8/27/2013 11:52:42 AM
My Best Buy's doesn't seem to be working anymore.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#6StarWarsfan1984Posted 8/27/2013 12:31:03 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
My Best Buy's doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Same here. I went into my local Best Buy about a week or two ago to try the Streetpass Relay but when I opened my 3DS to check the Nintendo Zone (since I did not get a Streetpass) I found out that Nintendo Zone was not working.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN
3DS Games: Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Star Fox 64 3D, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#7esoteric42Posted 8/27/2013 5:47:36 PM
I use wifi at McDonald's daily.

In the last week I have had to do the following to get an actual connection.

Open the 3DS browser to any page.

The McDonald's terms of agreement page will show up, and just press connect and accept.

No issues after that.

For some reason it's not doing an automatic connection for me any longer, and I have to boot up the browser and accept the terms in order to get my 3DS to work.

I also have 'attwifi' as one of my connections in the Internet settings menu.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#8SquirrelettePosted 8/27/2013 8:02:26 PM
MNSpectre posted...
I was stopping the McD's near where I work to get the Animal Crossing DLC but it hadn't worked the last few times I tried.

Far easier and guaranteed to work is to just change your router's SSID to "Bestbuy".
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#9lilpuddy31Posted 8/30/2013 8:50:28 AM
I don't know what is going on the Nintendo Zones now, when I checked listing on the website, several of the NZ that I used to go by were no longer listed (and as such I wasn't getting anything from). But I just checked it today, and few of the NZ has reappeared... Maintence maybe?

Or maybe it was an attempt to circumvent the homepass stuff...
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#10norungPosted 8/30/2013 10:26:53 AM
I too have had a variety of problems. I work at Barnes and Noble and now have to authenticate during my breaks to connect to the web. I often go to Starbucks, Best Buy, and McDonald's for the street passes and used to see the blue and green icon light up moments after entering each. Now, I have to start up the web browser at McD and Starbucks, and Best Buy doesn't work.

This was a very reliable way for me to get street passes for the few weeks where it existed. It was kind of a tease to have it taken away so quickly, so I hope it's just something wrong.