Not sure what I want, game-wise.... :)

#1CapeMikePosted 8/27/2013 11:54:57 AM
Managed to get some Birthday money over the weekend(yay!), and can easily afford a new game...as if I don't already have ENOUGH on my plate with Animal Crossing and well over a dozen Virtual Console titles, but I'm keeping my options open....

MH3 Ultimate looks fun, and the customization's a big plus in my book...but something just doesn't FEEL right from what I've seen.

SMT IV could be good, but I'm still severely ticked off at Atlus for ignoring the Super Robot Wars fans(like myself) after Endless Frontier...of course, Bamco's not doing any better on this front, so....

Project X Zone is another possibility, but, SRW fans are again not pleased, as Bamco(Bandai/Namco) only decided to include a handful of related characters, and only ONE main-series character, Sanger Zonvolt('The sword that cleaves evil') shows up, and he's not even playable! >_<; Plus, I'm not a fan of having to time the button presses to extend combos....

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team seems fun(enjoyed the demo), but, from what I recall, the late-game boss battles have been notoriously difficult for me to handle(difficulty spikes WAY too fast for me)...but then again, Luigi is practically the star in this one....

Finally, is Fire Emblem even worth it if you don't intend and/or can't afford to purchase any DLC? As much as I'm interested in it(and enjoy turn-based strategy on the whole...it's my favorite genre), the medieval thing is =way= over-done for me.

So, at present, those're my top 5 choices, in no particular order...I'd like to see some(hopefully impartial) opinions on all of them, and thanks in advance! :)
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955 // 3DS Friend Code: 4554-0638-6363 // AC:NL Dream Address: 4200-2340-8782
#2toadiemanPosted 8/27/2013 11:57:49 AM
Monster Hunter 3
Shin Megami Tensei 4

What doesn't feel right about monster hunter?
---
The chest is empty...like your thieving heart.
#3CapeMike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:10:34 PM
toadieman posted...
Monster Hunter 3
Shin Megami Tensei 4

That's just it...I'm not quite sure...from what I've seen on Youtube vids it looks like hella fun, but it all reminds me of Phantasy Star Online(which I adored, except the fact that, at the time, I had an unreliable connection and had to play alone, and the scenery, which repeated itself WAY too often)...and the action-rpg element is somewhat of a turn-off for me...I'm more turn-based/old-school rpg oriented...i.e., LOTS of time to analyze your options(I once spent nearly 30 minutes considering nearly a dozen options for a single turn on one character...and chose wisely.), then let the chips fall where they may.

...however, I can always be persuaded to consider new ideas, depending on the game.... :)
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955 // 3DS Friend Code: 4554-0638-6363 // AC:NL Dream Address: 4200-2340-8782
#4toadiemanPosted 8/27/2013 12:17:37 PM
It's probably not for you then.
---
#5CapeMike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:22:50 PM
toadieman posted...

The light-heartedness of Dream Team definitely helps it in my book...I -try- not to take things seriously(ironic, considering the thought I'm putting into a simple choice of games, eh?).... :D
---
#6toadiemanPosted 8/27/2013 12:24:26 PM
CapeMike posted...
toadieman posted...

The light-heartedness of Dream Team definitely helps it in my book...I -try- not to take things seriously(ironic, considering the thought I'm putting into a simple choice of games, eh?).... :D

Dream Team is fun but I just found it too easy.
---
#7WiseWarrior101Posted 8/27/2013 12:40:55 PM
CapeMike posted...
toadieman posted...
Monster Hunter 3
Shin Megami Tensei 4

That's just it...I'm not quite sure...from what I've seen on Youtube vids it looks like hella fun, but it all reminds me of Phantasy Star Online(which I adored, except the fact that, at the time, I had an unreliable connection and had to play alone, and the scenery, which repeated itself WAY too often)...and the action-rpg element is somewhat of a turn-off for me...I'm more turn-based/old-school rpg oriented...i.e., LOTS of time to analyze your options(I once spent nearly 30 minutes considering nearly a dozen options for a single turn on one character...and chose wisely.), then let the chips fall where they may.

...however, I can always be persuaded to consider new ideas, depending on the game.... :)

I'd recommend Etrian Odyssey IV then. It's an old-school RPG dungeon crawler that is very difficult, as least when not playing Casual Mode. I'm having an absolute blast with it, despite it being my first true dungeon crawler. I love the customization and skill tree aspect; I've spent a ton of time just doing those two things. Battling is a lot of fun, and the music is fantastic, along with the graphics. On top of that it's a huge game, and will last you a long time. Casual Mode is good if you want an average challenge, which is what I'm doing because I just want to relax.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#8WiseWarrior101Posted 8/27/2013 12:41:37 PM
toadieman posted...
CapeMike posted...
toadieman posted...

Dream Team is fun but I just found it too easy.

Me too. I got bored with it and started up Etrian Odyssey IV, which I like much better.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#9evoxpiscesPosted 8/27/2013 12:54:00 PM
Fire Emblem is extremely worth it if you ask me. Best game on the system.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
#10guedesbrawlPosted 8/27/2013 12:55:28 PM
Fire Emblem is very worth it if you don't have DLC, but the hardest modes will be very troublesome.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...