Not sure what I want, game-wise.... :)

#11CapeMike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:58:56 PM
I've also considered Etrian Odyssey IV....

Replayability is also worth HUGE bonus points for me in any game...in other words, what is there to do after the main game is over? Extra quests? Alternate story-lines? ...things like that....
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955 // 3DS Friend Code: 4554-0638-6363 // AC:NL Dream Address: 4200-2340-8782
#12WiseWarrior101Posted 8/27/2013 1:03:30 PM
CapeMike posted...

Replayability is also worth HUGE bonus points for me in any game...in other words, what is there to do after the main game is over? Extra quests? Alternate story-lines? ...things like that....

Here's a topic asking about the postgame:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997793-etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/65797102

Only spoilers I could see were marked as spoilers so that topic shouldn't spoil anything for you; it didn't for me and I'm only 15 hours or so in. Postgame sounds amazing.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#13CapeMike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 1:50:41 PM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
CapeMike posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997793-etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/65797102

Only spoilers I could see were marked as spoilers so that topic shouldn't spoil anything for you; it didn't for me and I'm only 15 hours or so in. Postgame sounds amazing.

Another big plus for me is the ability to pretty much do what I want in the order I feel like doing it, so long as I can advance reasonably well through the game...in other words, I don't mind being told what to do, so long as *I* get to decide when, where and how I wanna do it....

Actually, I remember playing the demo for EO 4 now...; was entertaining enough, but the demo felt so limited in it's scope...please tell me there's a lot more to it aside from that!

SMT IV appears to be the only other choice worth considering...again, I still have a major beef with Atlus over the Super Robot Wars series...but the game looks fantastic, and the modern-day(or is it?) setting definitely appeals to me...plus, the whole thing with collecting and fusing demons sounds fun.... :)
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955 // 3DS Friend Code: 4554-0638-6363 // AC:NL Dream Address: 4200-2340-8782
#14toadiemanPosted 8/27/2013 2:00:28 PM
CapeMike posted...
WiseWarrior101 posted...
CapeMike posted...

Another big plus for me is the ability to pretty much do what I want in the order I feel like doing it, so long as I can advance reasonably well through the game...in other words, I don't mind being told what to do, so long as *I* get to decide when, where and how I wanna do it....

Actually, I remember playing the demo for EO 4 now...; was entertaining enough, but the demo felt so limited in it's scope...please tell me there's a lot more to it aside from that!

SMT IV appears to be the only other choice worth considering...again, I still have a major beef with Atlus over the Super Robot Wars series...but the game looks fantastic, and the modern-day(or is it?) setting definitely appeals to me...plus, the whole thing with collecting and fusing demons sounds fun.... :)

Get over the beef. SMT 4 is good. It starts out kinda medievally but then you get to a modern day setting and I really liked how that plays out.
---
The chest is empty...like your thieving heart.
#15CapeMike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 2:11:56 PM
toadieman posted...
CapeMike posted...
WiseWarrior101 posted...
CapeMike posted...

Get over the beef. SMT 4 is good. It starts out kinda medievally but then you get to a modern day setting and I really liked how that plays out.

Hmm...what about the post-game content and the DLC, then? :)
---
#16WiseWarrior101Posted 8/27/2013 2:24:22 PM
CapeMike posted...
WiseWarrior101 posted...
CapeMike posted...

Yeah, the world is really big. I'm only in the second area, but there's multiple caves and labyrinthes per world, and you can do them in your own order. I personally like trying to beat the FOES, (The mini-bosses) that are really hard to beat. I love beating a difficult one, getting its drop, and then getting a great weapon or equipment from it. I admit the demo did feel limited, but the actually game doesn't. :)
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#17Lord_Ka1nPosted 8/27/2013 3:31:45 PM
dont get mh3u, the controls will make you want to repeatedly hit your head againt the wall. (theres a demo for it if you havent tried it)