Mario Kart 7 or Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion?

#1rubsnickPosted 8/27/2013 12:26:13 PM
I have a Gift Card and I don't know what to use it on exactly,

Mario Kart looks pretty awesome but I'm still severely disappointed with the Wii version, I'm not sure how similar this one is to the Wii Version. I absolutely hated the Wii one but I loved Double Dash and Mario Kart 64 and DS. So any advice on this?

Kid Icarus- Seems like a nice mix of TPS with On Rail shooter (I love Start Fox) the main reason I'm interested in it is simply because it looks like it's going to stop being printed and I'd like to get a complete game soon (stand and AR cards).

Luigi's Mansion is freaking awesome! I love the GCn one and this one looks to be just right up my alley. I'm just as happy waiting for this then anything to be honest.
---
sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me.
so throw me down and tie me up and show me that you like me! -rubsnickreviews.blogspot.com
#2CrybabyloverPosted 8/27/2013 12:36:47 PM
All three games are great. I personally (an unpopular opinion) prefer Kid Icarus over the other two because I love almost everything about the game, even the controls. If you actually get the hang of it, the game becomes immensely fun at the highest levels and I've never felt any pain. It's got a lot of unique charm you don't get in other games so I'm pretty content with it.
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]
#3EndgamePosted 8/27/2013 12:55:03 PM
MK7 was so incredibly half-assed that it had a game breaking glitch and Nintendo had to develop some new patching system just to fix it

KI:U is one of the absolute worst games ever conceived, horrible control scheme that hurts your hands, an endless stream of verbal diarrhea to damage your ears, avoid it at all costs

LM:DM is LM, but longer

.....yeah, I'd go for LM
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#4ssbmrocksPosted 8/27/2013 1:23:22 PM
What didn't you like about Mario Kart Wii? The controls of MK7 are similar (minus the bikes), with an emphasis on kart customization and underwater/flying segments. The tracks are great and it has some nice Retro choices, so I think it's a great game.

Dark Moon, personally, was a little disappointing to me after playing the original Luigi's Mansion. Only a few bosses aren't disappointing (namely the first and final ones, in my opinion). It's all mission-based gameplay, meaning you can't explore the mansions freely like you used to be able to. It's still a good game, but I had to make myself finish it, I just didn't find it as compelling as the original.

I think Kid Icarus is the top choice here. If you can look past the controls (which aren't too hard to learn, really), you'll find a game with tons to collect, upgrade, replay, and so on. I haven't played online in quite a while, but I remember it being pretty fun when the game first came out.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#5NarutoPosted 8/27/2013 1:27:06 PM
MK7 is a lazy, no frills kart racer. Uprising has some fun characters, good dialogue, but controls like a train wreck. LM2 takes you out of the game every five minutes for a tutorial from the annoying professor and the majority of its boss fights are terrible.

Go with MK7.
#6RatheVPosted 8/27/2013 1:28:23 PM
MK or KI, IMO. Judging from what you said, MK is out, so KI wins easily.
#7Kilp45Posted 8/27/2013 1:41:02 PM
MK7 is a bad entry to the Mario Kart series, avoid it.

Uprising is a great game with good replay-ability, though the controls might take some getting used to.

LM2 is also great, though it has a lot of backtracking.

So either Uprising or LM2.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Black 2 FC: 5329-8868-7421
#8Klon_RedfieldPosted 8/27/2013 1:49:01 PM
KI: U is the less boring out of your options >_>... but it's still not a particularly good game either.

You seem pretty excited about LM, but the mission structure killed it IMO, if you have no problem with getting interrupted every five minutes by either Prof. E. Gadd or having to go back to your base because a mission ended you might enjoy it, as a fan who finished the first game 10+ times I couldn't enjoy this beyond the second mansion (out of 5).
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey II (DS), SMT: Nocturne (PS2)
#9GeminiX7Posted 8/27/2013 1:51:34 PM
I hated MK Wii, but liked MK7 alot. To my knowledge it doesn't have as bad rubberbanding, but then again, I almost exclusively played online, and that was back when the game first came out.

If the online community is still active, and you plan to play online alot, it might give you the most mileage. Otherwise I'd go with Luigi's Mansion.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#10mabber_IIIPosted 8/27/2013 2:31:10 PM
luigi's mansion