Mario Kart 7 or Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion?

#11NovaNapoleonPosted 8/27/2013 4:16:47 PM
Mario Kart 7!
#12metroid02Posted 8/27/2013 4:25:20 PM
MK7 is a bit half assed to be fair (it doesnt have a Versus mode so youre always stuck playing the GPs). But the online mode is very good. As for this game breaking glitch someone mentioned: it was a glitch for one particular level that catapulted you further ahead, this is hardly game breaking. Although it did make the online mode a matter of who could pull it off first. Still a very neat game.

KIU is an amazing game. It has very high production values and its one of the few games on the system where the 3D is actually put to really good use. People like to whine about the controls but given their options this is as good as it can be (without making the CPP mandatory). The debate about the controls as a long one but I think they work really once you get used to them. If you like Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS these will be good for you too. Also, the online multiplayer is really addicting.

LM2 is a very sweet adorable game. Its my first LM though so I cannot compare it to the first one. Its very adorable and has really high production values (the 3D and online multiplayer are also really really good). The mission structure system bugs a lot of people but I personally dont mind it one bit. Getting all 3 stars and Boos and gems per level can easily take up to 20+ mins on some of the later chapters so its not like you are constantly being interrupted (and the professor doesnt call THAT often to really make it annoying IMO).

All in all id tell you to get all three, but if youre looking for something really unique its either LM2 or KIU. It all comes down to preference and what youre looking for in a game.
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#13The Blob2000Posted 8/27/2013 5:03:01 PM
The MK7 hate is weird because I really love the game.
I don't have a history of playing the other MK games so it was a fresh experience for me.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#14Someguy_13Posted 8/27/2013 7:16:53 PM
Kid Icarus easily.

My favorite game on the system.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#15Primum_MobilePosted 8/27/2013 7:26:00 PM(edited)
i played MKDS to death and i can't get into MK7 at all. Also from what i heard MK7 is worse than MKW.

I love KIU, but its control can be a hit or miss.

didn't play LM2, but it sounds like you might like this one.

so either KIU or LM2
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#16RPGNinja123Posted 8/27/2013 8:07:02 PM
I wouldn't buy any of them to be honest. And I own Luigi's Mansion still.
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add)
If Obamacare is so amazing, how come nobody in Congress abides by it?
#17YomerodesPosted 8/27/2013 10:29:25 PM
Of those three, my favorite is Kid Icarus Uprising.

Sure, the controls are bad...in fact, I have to change my controls every single mission because I like different configurations for sky and ground scenes. BUT, the game itself was that good IMO, that it justified the hassle. I go as far as consider it my third favorite 3DS game.

I have just recently started playing Luigi's Mansion, so far so-so...the graphics are great, but the mission structure is a major letdown, and the controls could be far better with little tinkering. So far I would put it in my top 10 of 3DS, if in a low position (just started the second mansion).

As for Mario Kart 7...is an average game. Average graphics, average controls, the whole water and flying thing gets old fast, and the kart customization is also heavily unbalanced in favor of some pieces that will be the only ones you will use. The new characters and new tracks are rather unremarkable, and the single player experience is below Mario Kart DS.
#18SignusZerielPosted 8/27/2013 10:39:08 PM
Kid Ic

Then MK7

Then the first two mansions of LM2 at best.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#19Auto-GyroPosted 8/27/2013 10:41:58 PM
Get Kid Icarus. I still think it's one of the best first party retail games released for the 3DS.
#20MrSpacelySlatePosted 8/28/2013 10:34:10 AM
Either Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion.

Mario Kart 7 sucks, ignore it.