3DS owners, what will be your next gaming system?

#1YomerodesPosted 8/27/2013 8:54:16 PM
What will be (most likely) the next gaming system that you will buy? - Results (220 votes)
Wii U
28.18% (62 votes)
Playstation 4
35.45% (78 votes)
Xbox One
3.18% (7 votes)
Playstation Vita
10.45% (23 votes)
Another 3DS/3DS XL
2.27% (5 votes)
Other portable console (DS, PSP, etc)
0% (0 votes)
Other home console (Wii, PS3, 360, etc.)
6.36% (14 votes)
Nothing released or announced right now, thank you very much
14.09% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So yeah, we all pretty much love the 3DS, awesome games, great sales, yada yada.

But as for myself, the recent Vita price drop really made seriously consider getting one, that PSP collection sure looks tempting, and believe or not, there are a couple of Vita exclusives that made me drool (I.E. New Little King's Story). None of the next-generation home consoles appeal to me right now, and as someone who never got a HD console (after all, I have no HD TV, nor see a reason to get one soon), the portables seem more like my cup of tea.

But the rest of you, what is your next move? You will jump in one of the holiday new shining consoles? Or maybe you are the good ol Nintendo player that is waiting for more Wii U games to get one? Maybe you agree with me and see the Vita as a worthy near future purchase? Or maybe you just want to replace your 3DS for a different model? Or who knows, you might be looking for a cheap but library filled old platform?
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/27/2013 8:55:39 PM
PS4 probably.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3BuretsuPosted 8/27/2013 8:57:05 PM
Nothing, right now. I just got a PS3, so I'm set with consoles, I have a 3DS and a PSP, so I'm set with handhelds. I've got a moderately decent laptop, so I'm set with indie games and such...

Unless I can find a cheap (sub $100) Vita, I don't think I'll be buying anything until Nintendo releases a new handheld, or Kingdom Hearts III comes out.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4PhoenixRushPosted 8/27/2013 8:57:35 PM
Wii U. Just loves me some Nintendo.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#5Tzuba12Posted 8/27/2013 9:27:19 PM
WiiU then PS4.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#6TinyTim123Posted 8/27/2013 9:32:22 PM
Meh, whatever the next portable system released by Sony or Nintendo that isn't just an upgrade to the current one's (ie, no VitaXL or 3DSXLi).
PS4 has nothing that appeals to me, XBox is... well they have games, but almost all I've seen that interest me will also be on PC, Wii U... I like the not needing of a TV, but I guess I am not into the Zeldas and Marios and Metroids and other games that aren't portable anymore (though I do still love Kirby on consoles).
I barely use my 360 as it is, I think there were maybe two games on PS3 alone that appealed to me, and while I enjoyed the Kirby games, I don't like 3D Zelda, so Wii was pretty "Meh" for me as well.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#7hyperdimeduckPosted 8/27/2013 9:34:56 PM
Either the Wii U or the PS4. I will get both eventually.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#8arstosPosted 8/27/2013 9:45:59 PM
a vita if phantasy star online 2 ever gets confirmed for us release (or a vita release at all), otherwise probably a wii-u whenever the next big zelda is announced.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#990sRetroGamingPosted 8/27/2013 9:46:51 PM
Wii U, easily. games for the 3DS the last year or so have ruined any chance of me investing in the Wii U and it's games. looking back not alot of regrets on the 3DS games i've bought between late last year and all this year but i should definitely have bought a Wii U on launch or close afterwords :/.

So far i've missed out on plenty of eShop discounts for the Wii U (Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition and others) and the entire $0.30 Famicom promo they were running the last 6 or so months :(. it sucks!.

I'm really eyeing the new WWHD bundle that will be coming out soon but hopefully there will be a good deal on it. i've been holding off on the Wii U for far too long. it's almost time to take the plunge and finally get one! ;).
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#10wheeling_gamerPosted 8/27/2013 10:43:30 PM
I'm pretty content with what I have right now, so not really looking for any other game systems. If the Wii U ever gets something that piques my interest, Iíll go for it. Unfortunately, I've heard nothing but bad news. In order to even think about getting something for it, it would have to use less of the motion sensor controls (that was my biggest complaint with the Wii, since my motions are erratic and not easily recognized due to cerebral palsy).
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.