Nintendo pretty much produced the 2DS for me specifically. Thanks, Nintendo!

#1GradyHooverPosted 8/29/2013 12:33:28 PM
I don't have a 3DS yet. Why?

1) I didn't see enough games to lure me in at the current price point. I want an all-original 2D Zelda game with a brand-new world to explore, I want a new Metroid, I want a classic Castlevania in the Metroidvania vein, I want Mega Man of any kind... none of this is coming.

2) I also worried about my son. He's only two, but he's really smart when it comes to electronic devices. He can flip any switch, push buttons, slide my iPhone to view videos of himself. And I know that if I turned off the 3D, there's still a chance he could turn it back on - intentionally or unintentionally. And I don't want any potential damage risk to his developing eyesight.

Behold! With a great lower price point and zero threat of 3D exposure, the 2DS is perfect for me! Now I can play some of the games I care about on the system, like... NSMB 2! And uh.. Shinobi! And Resident Evil Revelations! And... Cave Story 3D? I don't know.

Too bad I probably won't be able to play Super Mario 3D Land without totally sucking at it, though.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2arvilinoPosted 8/29/2013 12:36:25 PM
Honestly the 3D feature isn't really necessary for Super Mario 3D Land. I guess it helps a little but you can 100% it without it on.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#3Yelnam-26Posted 8/29/2013 12:41:23 PM
GradyHoover posted...

1) I didn't see enough games to lure me in at the current price point. I want an all-original 2D Zelda game with a brand-new world to explore, I want a new Metroid, I want a classic Castlevania in the Metroidvania vein, I want Mega Man of any kind... none of this is coming.

2) I also worried about my son. He's only two, but he's really smart when it comes to electronic devices. He can flip any switch, push buttons, slide my iPhone to view videos of himself. And I know that if I turned off the 3D, there's still a chance he could turn it back on - intentionally or unintentionally. And I don't want any potential damage risk to his developing eyesight.

Behold! With a great lower price point and zero threat of 3D exposure, the 2DS is perfect for me! Now I can play some of the games I care about on the system, like... NSMB 2! And uh.. Shinobi! And Resident Evil Revelations! And... Cave Story 3D? I don't know.

Too bad I probably won't be able to play Super Mario 3D Land without totally sucking at it, though.

you can play 3d land without the 3D turned on, you can play most if not all the games with 3D off. Also 3D land isn't that hard.
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#4RatheVPosted 8/29/2013 12:53:22 PM
Welcome aboard!

BTW, you can turn the 3D off under the parental controls menu with a regular 3DS. Now, technically there's still a chance of him undoing that, but he'd literally have to navigate about a dozen menus he can't read, and then somehow figure out your password. Basically, your son would be a pro hacker to the point where he wouldn't even need his eyes.

That said, the 2DS is probably better for you anyway, thanks to the cheaper price and durability.
#5SalsaSavantPosted 8/29/2013 1:04:58 PM
This is bait
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#690sRetroGamingPosted 8/29/2013 1:09:13 PM
GradyHoover posted...

Parental controls.
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#7jamieyelloPosted 8/29/2013 1:15:07 PM(edited)
I think it's a waste of $130, you can buy a used 3ds for around the same price. Then put a password on the 3d effect, and yeah he'd have to be a pro hacker to get the 3d on. It gives you the option to boot in 3d if you enter the password so you can play games like kid Icarus.

Edit maybe if it hits $80 dollars it would be reasonable, but right now it's just a free downgrade @130$
---
#8metalmariolordPosted 8/29/2013 9:42:15 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
This is bait

For who
The trolls aren't supposed to be here.

I wonder why the Nintendo boards have so much trolls.The mods should something about it.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#9ThunderPotatoPosted 8/29/2013 9:46:28 PM
You could turn off the 3D in settings and put a password on it I believe.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/
#10RedSox342Posted 8/29/2013 9:49:46 PM
Just buy a used 3ds for about the same price, unless you're happy with less options and having to carry a fat brick around.
---
Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas.