Nintendo pretty much produced the 2DS for me specifically. Thanks, Nintendo!

#11Starwars4JPosted 8/29/2013 9:53:42 PM
GradyHoover posted...
2) I also worried about my son. He's only two, but he's really smart when it comes to electronic devices. He can flip any switch, push buttons, slide my iPhone to view videos of himself. And I know that if I turned off the 3D, there's still a chance he could turn it back on - intentionally or unintentionally. And I don't want any potential damage risk to his developing eyesight.

You do realize that the medical community has come out stating that 3D no more increases risk of developing eyesight than any other monitor, right? In fact the AOA stated that it could actually help by catching eyesight problems at an early age. Of course watching any screen for prolonged periods of time can damage vision, 3D or 2D.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12dantegt4Posted 8/29/2013 10:23:57 PM
GradyHoover posted...
Nintendo pretty much produced the 2DS for me specifically. Thanks, Nintendo!

*With Nintendo voice* "your welcome GradyHoover"

Also the point number one about the games you want is the same with the 2ds.
---
"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance" -
#13NeonYoshi11Posted 8/29/2013 10:32:34 PM
Good to hear, it's perfect for people like you and YOU are the target market. They nailed it really.

You DON'T need the 3D for Super Mario 3D Land.

I played the entire game without it and loved every minute of it minus the Boo ghost levels, which I never like in any mario game ( personal preference).

I've owned a 3DS for a little over a year and have used the 3D feature for a total of about 4-5 minutes just to see what each game looks like, but I never actually play the game in 3D or using the 3D as it distracts me and I can't focus.

Playing SM3DL is the closest I've come to playing a level in Mario 64, since Mario 64.

This is why SM3D World appeal to me even more.

Have fun with the 2DS.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0219-2969-7648
#14KamenRiderBladePosted 8/29/2013 10:41:28 PM
The 2DS is perfect for me if I was going to get into the 3DS platform

Since I don't have this gen's portable console, the 2DS' attractive price point makes it more inviting to get one.

Granted there are still only a few games that I want, it's still more games than on the PSV.

Sadly the PSV doesn't have enough games unlike the PSP last generation which had plenty of games that I wanted to play.

Unless Sony gets alot more exclusive games on the PSV, the PSV is a dead platform as far as I'm concerned.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#15GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:54:35 AM
KamenRiderBlade posted...

Unless Sony gets alot more exclusive games on the PSV, the PSV is a dead platform as far as I'm concerned.

I actually own a Vita. I almost got a 3DS first, though.

I have two rules when it comes to systems:

- I'll buy it if it has a Mega Man action game, a Metroid action game, or an Ys game of any kind.
- I'll buy it if it has at least three exclusive games from franchises I love.

3DS was going to get my money first until Legends 3 was cancelled. Then Vita passed both of those two thresholds, so I had to buy one.

Still waiting for 3DS to pass either one, though....
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#16MotleyKhonPosted 9/4/2013 10:58:44 AM
metalmariolord posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
This is bait

For who
The trolls aren't supposed to be here.

I wonder why the Nintendo boards have so much trolls.The mods should something about it.

Yeahhh, I agree. There's thousands on these boards, yet nothing seems on be done.

O/T:
I LOVE the 2ds and am totally getting on at launch. They look so cool.
---
Arms installation is complete.... Good Luck.
#17GhetsisPosted 9/4/2013 11:08:29 AM
GradyHoover posted...
I want a classic Castlevania in the Metroidvania vein

What?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#18n00bifierPosted 9/4/2013 11:52:38 AM
Ghetsis posted...
GradyHoover posted...

What?

I think he's trying to say he wants a CV game that's more linear but with a bunch of powerups? I dunno.
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#19GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:20:16 PM
Ghetsis posted...
GradyHoover posted...

What?

I think that, at this stage, we can now qualify 2D Metroidvania as "classic."

Even though it's not a "Classicvania."
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#20Number43Posted 9/4/2013 1:26:20 PM
You can turn off the 3D with parental controls, and he won't be able to activate it without entering the right PIN.