Your reaction: Persona 4 Golden is ported to the 3DS

#11TheWidowmaker1Posted 8/30/2013 2:57:53 PM
I played the original Persona 4 on the PS2, and I really enjoyed it. I only played through it once, and I'd like to play through it again on my 3DS. Also, I'd get to experience the Golden content which would be cool.

So my reaction? I guess I'd be happy and it would give me something to look forward to.
---
Games should be bringing people together, not tearing them apart. There is too much hate in the gaming culture.
#12WarmijwilfPosted 8/30/2013 3:20:09 PM
Would be a crap port. Seriously, wouldn't do justice to the game. It deserves the full OLED and almost-HD treatment that the Vita gave it. Would look visually crap.
#13NettoSaitoPosted 8/30/2013 3:28:26 PM
It'd be cool to see it in 3D, but I know I wouldn't buy it. I'd be happy that some of my friends (who have been wanting to play it) will finally get to check it out, but I have the Vita version, and I'm happy with it. Also I love trophies soooo, I'd rather play Vita versions of any game released on both the Vita and 3DS. (Like Virtue's Last Reward for example.)
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
The New Netto's Game Room Forums - http://forums.nettosgameroom.com/index/
#14gransPosted 8/30/2013 4:53:08 PM(edited)
Warmijwilf posted...
Would be a crap port. Seriously, wouldn't do justice to the game. It deserves the full OLED and almost-HD treatment that the Vita gave it. Would look visually crap.

Vita isn't "almost HD". HD resolution starts at 1280x720. Vita is 960x544, several hundred pixels off from being even entry-level HD. Higher resolution than 3DS, but you could use that same argument that no game should be on anything but the most powerful and highest resolution system ever at that moment in time ("Vita shouldn't exist because there are immensely more powerful smartphones now with true 1080p screens" or "PS4/Xbone should exist because of PC's").

OLED would have been a very arguable advantage regardless of resolution. Gorgeous displays though they absolutely are, unfortunately my praise for them has diminished considerably due to the severe burn-in and color streaking all current OLED displays presently suffer from (Vita included as well as any smartphone or TV with the tech). Similar in severity to early plasma displays. OLED tech is going to need to improve before its major issues are resolved (probably needing years, if the issues even can be corrected).

There's a lot more to graphics than resolution, and unfortunately Persona 4 Golden already arguably "looks like crap" for those reasons. It was a graphically average if not below average PS2 game, and largely unchanged graphically besides a resolution bump for the Vita. It wasn't even in the mid-high tier of PS2 games, let alone 3DS or Vita standards. The series has never been about pretty or even clean visuals.

That being said, I really don't care if they port it to the 3DS. It probably would actually end up being a bad port. But not because of system flaws, rather developer incompetence (even the Vita ports of the Jak series ended up as a crappy mess). If they insist on making a Persona game for the 3DS, best to start from fresh and make it a new game in the series, not a port.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#15The_Pig_HostagePosted 8/30/2013 5:01:14 PM
Yukiko in 3D

OH YEAH!
#16Jakerific44Posted 8/30/2013 5:02:39 PM
Oh, cool.
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
#17super_taco_ftwPosted 8/30/2013 5:03:51 PM
Dammit! I just watched the anime because I'd given up hope of playing it. Oh well, I'll still buy it.
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#18BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/30/2013 5:05:25 PM
Implying Persona 5 isn't going to be a 3DS exclusive. :P
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#19Lelouch71Posted 8/30/2013 6:07:13 PM
Meh whatever.

I would be annoy that I would have to deal with more P4 fanboys here as well.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#20Ironneos99Posted 8/30/2013 6:19:47 PM
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
Yukiko in 3D

OH YEAH!

Rise's shadow scene in 3D!!!
---
Altaha Abilia