Looks like alpha dream had the sense to ignore miyamoto

#11toad133Posted 8/30/2013 3:59:45 PM
21_21 posted...
Are you an Alpha Dream employee? Because how else do you know Nintendo even gave any suggestions in the first place and ignore them?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206614

- The requests by Nintendo on Alpha Dream were not always accepted and often required meetings, or discussions with the SPD producers
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#12Leon_Powalski_7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 4:00:26 PM
21_21 posted...
Are you an Alpha Dream employee? Because how else do you know Nintendo even gave any suggestions in the first place and ignore them?

After what he did to sticker star, I highly doubt miyamoto would simply choose not to get involved
---
I am the great Leon!
#13strongo9Posted 8/30/2013 4:02:43 PM
You guys obviously don't keep up with Nintendo news. Miyamoto specifically requested Intelligent Systems not to add new characters or an in-depth story to Sticker Star. It was also reported that Alpha Dream received several suggestions from Nintendo (some from Miyamoto obviously) that they denied. They were more resilient than Intelligent Systems when it came to developing their game the way they wanted.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#1421_21Posted 8/30/2013 4:03:25 PM
toad133 posted...
21_21 posted...

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206614

- The requests by Nintendo on Alpha Dream were not always accepted and often required meetings, or discussions with the SPD producers

Well s*** there goes my opportunity to make TC look like an idiot.

Although to be fair, we still don't know what advice Nintendo gave to Alpha Dream. I find it harder to get rid of stories in Mario and Luigi RPG than it is in Paper Mario RPG series. I can imagine a free style Paper Mario (hence Sticker Star, not that I would like it), but I'm having trouble imagining a Mario and Luigi RPG game where the story is removed.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, and Mario and Lugi: Dream Team
#15WrestlinFanPosted 8/30/2013 4:05:05 PM
strongo9 posted...
You guys obviously don't keep up with Nintendo news. Miyamoto specifically requested Intelligent Systems not to add new characters or an in-depth story to Sticker Star. It was also reported that Alpha Dream received several suggestions from Nintendo (some from Miyamoto obviously) that they denied. They were more resilient than Intelligent Systems when it came to developing their game the way they wanted.

They had balls, unlike IS. They should've just told Miyamoto to make games that fit his vision and they'll do likewise.
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*