Nintendo Zones not working?

#1HerPandaPosted 8/30/2013 2:38:38 PM
I looked on the Nintendo Zone website and went to two of the three listed zones, but neither worked. I also couldn't connect to either's wifi... and it only occured to me that I probably had to do that "go to browser and accept their terms" thing by the time I got home.

Is that my problem, or are the McD/Starbucks zones not up yet or something? My BB seems to not offer it anymore either. Thanks.
#2HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 5:51:07 PM
bump
#3decolley25Posted 8/30/2013 5:54:23 PM
Hi, I've been having the same problem myself. Nintendo Zones were working for me up until this past weekend. I was able to go to Barnes and Noble and a couple different Starbucks, now when I go I have the same problem with getting no streetpasses and I can't connect to the WiFi.

I'm in San Diego for reference.
---
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which [...] of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them. - Karl Marx
3DS: 0259-0302-2396
#4TinyTim123Posted 8/30/2013 6:11:24 PM
I'm in New Mexico, our city has only one Nintendo Zone, and that one also hasn't been working for me. I get no relay streetpasses, and I cannot connect to the Nintendo Zone. I can only check the one, since the next nearest is 50 miles away, and the next 60 miles away... in the opposite direction. The local one hasn't worked at all since at least the day the streetpass relay started.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5PlaysaverPosted 8/30/2013 6:41:37 PM
Have you tried going into your 3ds internet settings and setting the connection manualy? I know the 3ds should connect to the zones automaticly, but sometimes setting it helps. (it would certainly tell you in the test if it was connecting to the internet.)
#6HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:51:43 PM
^tried manual setup; it couldn't connect to either. It's weird since it also used to connect automatically for me before. I'm going to try another zone on Tuesday that I used to go to, hopefully that one works while these new ones work out their kinks.
#7norungPosted 8/30/2013 8:09:58 PM
Having trouble here in Missouri too. No luck since Monday on getting SP's through Nintendo Zones. Though you can still connect to the web manually. It's not common to get Streetpasses after you do that, though.
#8lilpuddy31Posted 8/30/2013 8:47:15 PM
norung posted...
Having trouble here in Missouri too. No luck since Monday on getting SP's through Nintendo Zones. Though you can still connect to the web manually. It's not common to get Streetpasses after you do that, though.

Same here in my part of Missouri too. I checked the Nintendo zone locator when i left this morning and the McDs by my work was re-listed. so I stopped by for lunch. I noticed that there was no green light after about 10 minutes. I opened up the system and the Nintendo Zone area alert thingy popped up, I tried to load it but eventually got an error that said it couldn't connect. I didn't try using the Internet browser though...

I wonder if this is part of some maintenance or if they are trying to prevent the homepass stuff...? Is the home passing stuff still working for people?
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#9Scraggy26Posted 8/30/2013 10:15:47 PM
Bump for awareness.
---
3DS FC: 1134-7667-3258
#10Sleeping_KingPosted 8/30/2013 10:20:39 PM
Of the three NZ I've gone to, none of them have worked for me either, the app works but I don't get any street passes that is. Northern Indiana if it's relevant.