Nintendo Zones not working?

#21ehhwhateverPosted 8/31/2013 7:20:57 PM
I got nintendozone available here# but nothing worked.. I think there is a problem with demo 3DS`s being vulnerable in stores.
---
You ain't gonna need it. YAGNI
#22SaraAB87Posted 8/31/2013 7:34:18 PM
Alright I think something is fishy here

So last week I sent Nintendo an email about a non working relay in a local Sams club, so they get back to me within 2 days which is really impressive and they basicallytell me Sam's club does not participate in the Nintendo Zone program. Don't worry I also told them to please consider adding Sam's club to this program as they already have an AT&T wifi hotspot.

Okay fine, so previously Sam's club was not listed on the official Nintendo Zone locator, now today when I visited the locator Sam's club is there, along with many other businesses that were not previously there.

I sent them another email tonight about non working Nintendo Zones.. everywhere. I specified the 2 Nintendo Zones that I went to this week and one today that were not working at all, not even to get to the regular Nintendo Zone functionality through the main menu of the 3DS. We will see what the response is.

I just went out of my way to visit 3 Nintendo Zones this week including walking to a nearby Hampton inn which I was sure would produce a lot of data (keep in mind this Hampton is not listed on the official Nintendo Zone locator so it may not ever work but I can try) and I am a little frustrated right now.

If you guys are wondering what I am using to email them I went to the contact US page on their website and I put it under product info, 3DS then I filled out the form.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#23HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 8:27:23 PM
The "go to browser and accept terms" bit worked for me; try that next time you go. It's strage because I didn't have to do that before, and Nintendo Zone would boot automatically, but it looks like you have to connect via the browser first.
#24SaraAB87Posted 9/1/2013 2:19:49 PM
I am only trying to get streetpass data, which according to Nintendo you are not supposed to do anything but walk by the hotspot with your 3DS in sleep mode.
---
#25SniperNightOwlPosted 9/1/2013 3:23:56 PM
In Texas, mine don't work either. I once was able to connect to a starbucks and get a dlc animal crossing item, but now it doesn't work anymore. Also, I NEVER got a street pass through nintendo zones.
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#26WildkatbPosted 9/1/2013 6:15:24 PM
New Mexico here... My McD's Nintendo Zone didn't work and I missed out on the pie DL item for Animal Crossing. My BB NZ worked yesterday so, I got the after noon tea set. I wonder if they would re-run the promo considering so many people are having trouble getting connected to NZ...
---
3DS XL: 0302-1145-6525 Kat (This one's my main machine)
3DS: 4511-1377-9331 WildKat
#27TinyTim123Posted 9/1/2013 6:21:04 PM
Wildkatb posted...
New Mexico here... My McD's Nintendo Zone didn't work and I missed out on the pie DL item for Animal Crossing. My BB NZ worked yesterday so, I got the after noon tea set. I wonder if they would re-run the promo considering so many people are having trouble getting connected to NZ...

Just curious what part of NM you live... obviously some part with a Best Buy, since here in Silver, the McDonalds isn't even transmitting (can't go to browser and log in, 'cause nothing to log in to). Las Cruces or perhaps some other place?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#28WildkatbPosted 9/1/2013 6:27:49 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Wildkatb posted...

Just curious what part of NM you live... obviously some part with a Best Buy, since here in Silver, the McDonalds isn't even transmitting (can't go to browser and log in, 'cause nothing to log in to). Las Cruces or perhaps some other place?

Albuquerque - McD's lit up the NZ icon however, it would never connect. Had no problem at BB - didn't have to configure settings or accept any terms.
---
3DS XL: 0302-1145-6525 Kat (This one's my main machine)
3DS: 4511-1377-9331 WildKat
#29TinyTim123Posted 9/1/2013 6:48:17 PM
Wildkatb posted...
Albuquerque - McD's lit up the NZ icon however, it would never connect. Had no problem at BB - didn't have to configure settings or accept any terms.

Alright. We are on opposite sides of the state. Maybe next weekend I will take a trip to Las Cruces and see if I can connect to anything... down here now there are three NZs, one locally that isn't transmitting at all, one 50 miles to Lordsburg, and another 60 miles to Deming. The other two, I have no idea, I just know our local one doesn't work at all.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#30SaraAB87Posted 9/2/2013 2:52:48 PM
Alright! I got it to work using the workaround mentioned here but it is a lengthy process for what should be a quick pass. First I put the ATTWIFI through connection settings. Then i opened the web browser and got to a page which directed me to the login page (I think you have to try and connect to a website first), I accepted the terms. Then I went and connected to Nintendo Zone, worked perfectly. Then I closed the DS and bam streetpass data!

This worked at a starbucks for me. Tried at a B&N as well that was listed as an official Nintendo Zone but this trick did not work there. Also could not connect inside a best buy that is also listed as an official Nintendo Zone but the connection process would be different there.

Although this is a workaround it also means that connecting for data will be much more difficult, which also means these hotspots will collect less data since you can't simply walk by and have it catch your 3DS that is in sleep mode.
---