Theory: Nintendo preparing us for a big Nintendo Direct next month?

#1SakurafanboyPosted 8/30/2013 6:37:10 PM(edited)
I don't claim to be the only one who is thinking this. I know a lot have been thinking this these parts few days that well we're all but confirmed at this point to get a Nintendo Direct next month. The question has been "just how big will this Nintendo Direct be?". I, and I'm sure many others, feel it has potential to be very big.

From what I've heard Nintendo rarely ever attends Tokyo Game Show which for those not in the know, is basically Japan's E3. They are going this year either from what I've been told. I do doubt however that they'd just let Sony and Microsoft steal all the press attention. Especially when the Wii U is in dire straights right now.

Yes, what Nintendo did a couple days back does indeed help the Wii U this holiday season. Thing is, they need to be able to carry that momentum into 2014 and beyond. Which may be harder with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 being on the market as well. So they could very well use a big (45 - 60 minutes) Nintendo Direct to give it that push for next year with brand new game announcements.

All we heard about two days ago were games that were already known about. There was nothing new. However, that news still came out of left field. As if they were trying to get it out of the way so they can discuss bigger things. Usually the release date announcements are saved for Nintendo Directs but this time they weren't. Nor was the 2DS revealing and Wii U price cut which would have fit in a Direct very well.

There is also the fact that it was announced that Capcom and Nintendo are collaborating on a project and that it will be revealed sometime early next month (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/27/nintendo-and-capcom-are-collaborating-on-something/). So that could be a hint to a reveal in a Nintendo Direct. Would also give proof said Nintendo Direct would be for new game announcements (And maybe proper titling for things like Monolith's X).

The only real question left then is "Would it just be for Japan or would America and Europe have Directs also?". Reason being is that obviously Tokyo Game Show is a Japanese trade show. So America and Europe may not join in. Though with the fact the news two days ago came from both the American and European branches could hint that they'd have their own Directs as well.

Yes, most of this has been about the Wii U, but I'm sure we could get big 3DS news as well (Miiverse finally? Kirby game? New 3rd party games? localizations?). I do think we're in for a really good Nintendo Direct next month. I have been burned on that before though so I won't get too hyped but I'm sure we'll get a pretty good Nintendo Direct overall.

tl;dr version:

Big Nintendo Direct because:

-Not attending Tokyo Game Show
-Randomly revealing new 3DS model, Wii U price cut, and release dates for many games
-Needing momentum for 2014 for Wii U
-Capcom x Nintendo game reveal next month

Thoughts and opinions?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#2MCcakePosted 8/30/2013 6:15:07 PM
Nintendo is going to stand on one knee and propose to Capcom with a 3DS-shaped diamond ring.
---
Not changing this sig until Super Mario Galaxy 3 is announced for the 3DS. Started 8/29/13
#3crazyray47Posted 8/30/2013 6:19:10 PM
That was a whole lot of text..

I'm not going to lie, I didn't read it.

The answer to the subject is, probably not.
#421_21Posted 8/30/2013 6:27:38 PM
Frankly, I was hoping that another collaboration with Capcom would lead to another Zelda just like Minish cap, but since we're already getting one handheld Zelda already, I don't see it happening.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, and Mario and Lugi: Dream Team
#5EnergyTurtle5Posted 9/4/2013 1:44:13 PM
I think they might reveal how Zelda Wii U will look, but we won't get a title for the game or anything more than that
#6moogle69Posted 9/4/2013 1:53:19 PM
doesn't nintendo usually have there own little conference before TGS, or is it after TGS? but judging by what happened with E3, i think its gonna be a direct instead, a big one, well hopefully and its all gonna happen during this month i believe and not next month, since october is usually a pretty dry month for new game news.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#7moogle69Posted 9/4/2013 1:56:24 PM
EnergyTurtle5 posted...
I think they might reveal how Zelda Wii U will look, but we won't get a title for the game or anything more than that

i hope its not full cell shading and too realistic, but somewhere in between, like final fantasy X and ocarina of time 3DS style, thought of like the demo shown in the e3 2011 (if it isn't like that, then nintendo prepare yourself with a huge backlash).
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#8EnergyTurtle5Posted 9/4/2013 2:15:46 PM
moogle69 posted...
EnergyTurtle5 posted...

i hope its not full cell shading and too realistic, but somewhere in between, like final fantasy X and ocarina of time 3DS style, thought of like the demo shown in the e3 2011 (if it isn't like that, then nintendo prepare yourself with a huge backlash).

My two favorite LoZ games are Windwaker and Twighlight Princess and I think the tech demo was sort of a mix between the two, so I'm hoping they stick with that as the groundwork and make some minor changes
#9WickedSickJoshPosted 9/4/2013 5:28:59 PM
Eh, I could see us getting a big Nintendo Direct either next month or October. I think this mainly because they'll probably want to get more hype for their systems heading into the holiday season and competing with the PS4 and XB1 releases.
---
Currently playing: WWE '13 (360), Pokemon Red (GB), Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#10sentoworfPosted 9/4/2013 5:31:25 PM
I want info on X and SMTxFE.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif