People who want the Digimon World 1 remake on 3DS in the U.S.

#11King_MadnessPosted 8/31/2013 2:03:08 PM
tag to sign later.
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS
3DS FC: 5043-2243-4613 (PM when you add)
#12AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 2:14:21 PM
Second_Chances posted...
It isn't a remake, it's a spiritual successor if anything. It isn't Digimon World 2, but it's still

Anyway, I personally believe it's going to be localized even without a petition or anything. The dub for the last Digimon anime series, Digimon Xros Wars (now Digimon Fusion), begins airing on Nickelodeon in just a week, and they're most likely going to want to release a game while the show has it's four year airtime. Why four years? Because Nick only airs twenty new episodes of a show a year and the show is 79 episodes long.

Re:Digitize Decode is pretty much the only recent Digimon game to bring over that isn't on a dead console, like the PSP and DS, so it's the most likely.

In a way its both. Spiritual Successor would be what Dark Souls is to Demon's Souls, or what Bioshock is to System Shock.

This is a remake but it is also reimagined, with all the core stuff remaining the same.
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#13CaptainLukaPosted 8/31/2013 3:12:19 PM
Oh man, that really slowed down after hitting 10k...
---
PSN - Tyrannikos / 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing: Resident Evil 5, Armored Core for Answer, Mario Kart 7, Rogue Galaxy
#14AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 3:40:36 PM
CaptainLuka posted...

It's all about getting people's attention. If we could get everyone who would buy the game for sure, even the ones who didnt know about this petition or the game, they would have won by now for sure
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#15WiiareVenomPosted 8/31/2013 6:11:34 PM
zinformant posted...
I'd love to see a Digimon game as the next guy, but publishers have no interest in this brand now, and the fan base is dormant, if it exists in any significant capacity at all.

Considering they are bring over the 6th season soon, and are replaying season two (and just finished re-airing season one), I believe they are trying to revitalize the franchise.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#16RevolutionZealPosted 8/31/2013 6:13:29 PM
I'm not sure about the effectiveness of online petitions, but I'll sign just for the heck of it.
#17WiiareVenomPosted 8/31/2013 6:14:26 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
Second_Chances posted...
It isn't a remake, it's a spiritual successor if anything. It isn't Digimon World 2, but it's still

Anyway, I personally believe it's going to be localized even without a petition or anything. The dub for the last Digimon anime series, Digimon Xros Wars (now Digimon Fusion), begins airing on Nickelodeon in just a week, and they're most likely going to want to release a game while the show has it's four year airtime. Why four years? Because Nick only airs twenty new episodes of a show a year and the show is 79 episodes long.

Re:Digitize Decode is pretty much the only recent Digimon game to bring over that isn't on a dead console, like the PSP and DS, so it's the most likely.

In a way its both. Spiritual Successor would be what Dark Souls is to Demon's Souls, or what Bioshock is to System Shock.

This is a remake but it is also reimagined, with all the core stuff remaining the same.

Aren't the plot and characters completely different? It may be a reboot, but I don't think it really could be considered a remake when the only similarities are gameplay and setting.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#18super_taco_ftwPosted 8/31/2013 11:25:53 PM
RevolutionZeal posted...
I'm not sure about the effectiveness of online petitions, but I'll sign just for the heck of it.

Well, they did speak to Bamco, and they said to get 30K signatures. It's not garunteed, but I'd say its pretty likely it will be localised, as long as they reach that number.
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#19CaptainLukaPosted 9/1/2013 12:00:34 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

It's all about getting people's attention. If we could get everyone who would buy the game for sure, even the ones who didnt know about this petition or the game, they would have won by now for sure

Yeah, I know how it works. I did more than my share spreading this petition back when it was around a few hundred signatures. I just wish it would have kept up some more momentum.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos / 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing: Resident Evil 5, Armored Core for Answer, Mario Kart 7, Rogue Galaxy
#20kaiser ryuPosted 9/1/2013 12:07:32 AM
... Bamco.

This won't happen.

BAAAAMCOOOOOO!
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06