TLoZ:OoT 3D or Fire Emblem: Awakening(which is better?)

#11Semi45aPosted 8/31/2013 5:01:25 PM
stop making people vote according to the nostalgia train.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#12toadfan64Posted 8/31/2013 5:26:49 PM
OoT is my 3rd favorite game of all time. No contest
---
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64
#13EndgamePosted 8/31/2013 9:57:34 PM
Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games ever made (although it wasn't even the best Zelda for its own system)

Awakening is one of the very worst, it is a twisted mockery of the once great Fire Emblem franchise, full of tons of gamebreaking bull**** and shameful dating sim elements (two of the possible candidates for your male Avatar character's wife are little girls, one of them hypersexualized to boot!)

apples to sausages.

they're both food

they can both be compared in terms of taste and nutritional value

ditch this stupid notion of not being able to compare two different things, that's the entire ****ing point of comparisons

apples by the way, much more versatile and nutritious

bacon is the superior greasy fatty meat
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#14fusionsamuraiPosted 8/31/2013 10:50:38 PM
Well,

Goods-
---------------------------
OOT

-Good story
-Fun gameplay
-long
-good soundtrack
----------------------------------------
Fire Emblem-

-Good story
-kickass cutscenes
-great character development in support conversations
-Great DLC, can help you level up, develop side stories...etc.
-Craploads of free content VIA street/spotpass
Addicting gameplay.
-Awesome soundtrack
-------------------------------------------

OOT 3D's gyro controls for bow,hookshot,slingshot are horrid Unless you hold absolutely still, it gets in your way and makes you miss.Other than that, not much is new.you can get the same experience for a fraction of the price VIA virtual console.same game that's been released the other 5 times its been rereleased :/

Verdict- fire emblem is the better, it's many difficulty settings will keep you busy for a long time.It will challenge your strategic mind
Fire emblem wins.
#15HermeticJusticePosted 8/31/2013 11:05:13 PM
Endgame posted...
Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games ever made (although it wasn't even the best Zelda for its own system)

Awakening is one of the very worst, it is a twisted mockery of the once great Fire Emblem franchise, full of tons of gamebreaking bull**** and shameful dating sim elements (two of the possible candidates for your male Avatar character's wife are little girls, one of them hypersexualized to boot!)

apples to sausages.

they're both food

they can both be compared in terms of taste and nutritional value

ditch this stupid notion of not being able to compare two different things, that's the entire ****ing point of comparisons

apples by the way, much more versatile and nutritious

bacon is the superior greasy fatty meat

just because two things can be compared doesn't mean they should, and I don't see any objective way to compare the two (though I'm not very good at comparisons)

get what you want, if you can't decide what that is, then I wouldn't be playing video games
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#16Numbuh100Posted 8/31/2013 11:20:43 PM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
I hated both.

One does not simply hate both.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#17LagPianistPosted 9/1/2013 7:00:59 AM
I say Ocarina of Time and the first time I played it was two years ago.

The gameplay concepts are very different in both games. One is about strategical thinking, where the other is about exploration and discovery. This is comparing how the game made me feel and not how the gameplay compared since they are so different.

In Ocarina of Time, you are Link. Whatever Link does is a reflection of your own mind and choices. Because he never speaks, he doesn't have any character, and that helps you connect with him on a psychological level. It also helps immerse you in Hyrule much more, and as you play you feel like you have become the Hero of Time thanks to Miyamoto's genius design choices.

In Fire Emblem, my Avatar was certainly NOT me. I made him look like me. I made him talk like me. But he wasn't me. I was just watching him. His words were things I myself would never say. His generic dialog made me feel like I was observing him, not connecting with him. The point of an Avatar is to be that Avatar not just physically but mentally. Fire Emblem fails so hard at that.

For many reasons, Fire Emblem is to me very repetitive. Very few battlefields felt distinguished to me. Most of them are just either fortresses or fields with the occasional natural environments like volcanoes or forests (rare, mind you). The battles are the worst in repetitious nature. Every battle consists of route the enemy or defeat the commander, and you approach both in very similar ways. Most characters fit typical archetypes and do not distinguish themselves at all. Can someone tell me the difference between Cherche and Cordelia? In order to keep myself from losing all interest in the game due to boredom, I had to take breaks and play something else. And you know what I played? Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time is absolutely unparalleled in its sense of exploration and adventure. Each location is distinct and does a good job of setting itself apart from the other. Zora's domain is calm and aquatic, where Death Mountain is gargantuan and daunting. Castle Town is bustling and exciting, where Kakariko village is small and relaxing. Each dungeon has a different theme and different challenges. The Forest Temple has lots of logic puzzles that involve thinking, where the Fire Temple is about being meticulous and finding secrets with attention to detail. The pacing is nearly perfect. The juxtaposition of child Hyrule vs adult Hyrule is a great metaphor for the innocence of our childhood being lost later in life as we grow up. You don't see this kind of emotional symbolism in Fire Emblem.

TL;DR: Zelda is immersive, Fire Emblem is repetitive.
#18fusionsamuraiPosted 9/2/2013 7:54:21 PM
LagPianist posted...
I say Ocarina of Time and the first time I played it was two years ago.

The gameplay concepts are very different in both games. One is about strategical thinking, where the other is about exploration and discovery. This is comparing how the game made me feel and not how the gameplay compared since they are so different.

In Ocarina of Time, you are Link. Whatever Link does is a reflection of your own mind and choices. Because he never speaks, he doesn't have any character, and that helps you connect with him on a psychological level. It also helps immerse you in Hyrule much more, and as you play you feel like you have become the Hero of Time thanks to Miyamoto's genius design choices.

In Fire Emblem, my Avatar was certainly NOT me. I made him look like me. I made him talk like me. But he wasn't me. I was just watching him. His words were things I myself would never say. His generic dialog made me feel like I was observing him, not connecting with him. The point of an Avatar is to be that Avatar not just physically but mentally. Fire Emblem fails so hard at that.

For many reasons, Fire Emblem is to me very repetitive. Very few battlefields felt distinguished to me. Most of them are just either fortresses or fields with the occasional natural environments like volcanoes or forests (rare, mind you). The battles are the worst in repetitious nature. Every battle consists of route the enemy or defeat the commander, and you approach both in very similar ways. Most characters fit typical archetypes and do not distinguish themselves at all. Can someone tell me the difference between Cherche and Cordelia? In order to keep myself from losing all interest in the game due to boredom, I had to take breaks and play something else. And you know what I played? Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time is absolutely unparalleled in its sense of exploration and adventure. Each location is distinct and does a good job of setting itself apart from the other. Zora's domain is calm and aquatic, where Death Mountain is gargantuan and daunting. Castle Town is bustling and exciting, where Kakariko village is small and relaxing. Each dungeon has a different theme and different challenges. The Forest Temple has lots of logic puzzles that involve thinking, where the Fire Temple is about being meticulous and finding secrets with attention to detail. The pacing is nearly perfect. The juxtaposition of child Hyrule vs adult Hyrule is a great metaphor for the innocence of our childhood being lost later in life as we grow up. You don't see this kind of emotional symbolism in Fire Emblem.

TL;DR: Zelda is immersive, Fire Emblem is repetitive.

Fire emblem is repeatative on hard, but on lunatic difficulty it is unparalleled. Each decision you make counts toward life or death. If you lose female units, you could end up missing out on something later.(won't say for spoilers), FE deals with more than just "save the princess; beat the bad guy", it has a long detailed story, as OOT is there are power courage and wisdom, save the day.

Your unit is something of a trash character, but through support conversations in fire emblem you learn about characters's personalities,their histories. OOT characters have little or no development, as in fire emblem there are great such as-

-a girl who lost both her parents when she was young, now cold and cruel, as to reject people where she won't have to experience the pain of losing loved ones again.(severa)

Through these supports, you really connect with all of the characters, as apposed to only connecting with one. itis only a boring game if you don't bother with the supports, as some are funny, others are sad. It does much for the overall experience.

This is where you went wrong in FE. Through these supports you build an attachment to a character, making you feel worse if they die.
#19LuffyStrawhatPosted 9/2/2013 9:24:28 PM
I'm sorry, but OoT is crusty as f**k. The game was boring the three times spread throughout my life trying to find what I was missing and everyone was enjoying. Shame on me, because I figured it out after my third playthrough. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon of 'greatest game of all time.' Sorry, but there is no depth to that lame game. It's honestly horrid. The only thing making that game barely playable is the fantastic music. But yeah, WW and ALttP are the best 3D and 2D Zelda games, respectively. And that's a fact. Swallow the truth fanboys, and make sure you don't choke on it.

As for Awakening...let's just say OoT falls on all fours and licks the dirt off the boots Awakening leaves behind. Laters! GG!
#20Sain_of_CaelinPosted 9/2/2013 9:38:17 PM
If you've played OoT, get Fire Emblem. If you haven't, get OoT.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid