Nintendo and DLC

#1SlippyComeBackPosted 9/3/2013 6:46:36 AM
I read that the new zelda on 3DS and Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU are getting DLC. In the case of zelda it could be a multiplayer mode and with MK8 its probably going to be new tracks. I personally really dislike paying full price for a game and than see the community divided by those that have and those that dont have DLC. How do you guys feel about this?
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/3/2013 6:47:35 AM
That's false (or unconfirmed, at the very least). Nothing's been said about possible DLC for those games.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3SlippyComeBack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 6:57:30 AM
I didnt say it whas true but I will bet my life that there is going to be DLC in those games. Its the new trend and NSMB2 and FE:A DLC have been generating a nice source of income for developers. So if Nintendo games are standard getting DLC would you be ok with it?
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/3/2013 7:02:06 AM
Oh well, you said that you read it so I wanted to clarify that what you read wasn't based on any source. I like Nintendo DLC so far, I got all Fire Emblem Awakening DLC and New Super Luigi U, they're exactly what DLC should be: optional content made after the game is released with fan feedback, in both cases we have stuff that's harder than the main game for people wanting to up the challenge. New tracks/racers in Mario Kart 8 sounds good as long as the main game still comes with 32 tracks as always. Multiplayer for Zelda I wouldn't be okay with because if they want to make it, they should have it in the base release in the first place.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5iMURDAuPosted 9/3/2013 7:07:47 AM
Nintendo is handling DLC well in their titles. Ask any Fire Emblem player if they hate the DLC because unless they're endgame they'll have nothing but good things to say.
---
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / ... .--. . -. - / - .... .. ... / - .. -- . / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / .- / --. .- -- .
#6SlippyComeBack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:10:23 AM
I tried to find sources but couldnt find any so its all a big rumor. I would be pretty unhappy if MK8 is getting DLC tracks. I guess it all depends on how they implement it but in general im not happy with additional content on top of the full game unless its free to play or something. I do respect the fact that it generates extra income for developers on an already stressed market.
#7bigbug1992Posted 9/3/2013 7:13:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/3/2013 7:15:05 AM
I get why you'd be unhappy with it, but it's not just for extra income. If they don't take content out of the game and sell it as DLC, but rather they make even more content later to extend the game (provided the base game already has enough content, like I said), I don't see where the problem is. I'm happy to have more if it's a game I enjoy.
---
#9SkyminxyzPosted 9/3/2013 7:17:07 AM
iMURDAu posted...
Nintendo is handling DLC well in their titles. Ask any Fire Emblem player if they hate the DLC because unless they're endgame they'll have nothing but good things to say.

I know Nintendo technically didn't make PMD, but there way of dlc almost felt like a Capcom move on that game. Save for the kelceon shop stage.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#10BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/3/2013 7:19:02 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
iMURDAu posted...

I know Nintendo technically didn't make PMD, but there way of dlc almost felt like a Capcom move on that game. Save for the kelceon shop stage.

Yeah, that was really bad DLC and definitely content taken out of the game. Hopefully X and Y don't attempt the same thing (it's a given that they'll have DLC).
---