Streetpass Inconsistencies?

#1muffinmasherPosted 9/3/2013 5:57:50 PM
Anyone having weird streetpass issues lately?

My issue is this:
Had my regular 3ds in a bag with my gfs XL, we get home, and she's streetpassed 4 people, and i've only got 2.

Do the XL's have a longer range or quicker connectivity?
I'm actually a little miffed i'm missing these streetpasses.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#2muffinmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 6:07:01 PM
Bump.
---
#3SalogyPosted 9/3/2013 6:07:21 PM
I have varying SPes with my 2 3DS XLs. I carry each in a pocket (left and right) and they sometimes never pick up what the other one does. Example: I went to Home Depot on Sunday. There are apparently 2 Nintendo Zones there. I got 4 SPes on each 3DS, 5 different people (counting myself from the relay). One system got 3 different people and my other system, the other got 1 person from the first system, 2 others and my other 3DS's Mii.
I have noticed different pockets get better numbers of SPes. Right now it is my right pocket that gets SPes.
Sometimes one 3DS will get 1 SP, the other 0. I am not fat, my pockets are not that far apart from each other. This happens a lot at like Target and Best Buy. The other system is just too busy communicating or gets a partial pass when there are too many systems in one room. I really don't like partial passes, that is when only one system gets the data from the other. Happens when one is interrupted during passing I think.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#4setymanPosted 9/3/2013 6:09:05 PM
I carry around 4 3DS's whenever I go out, mine, one of my brother and the other 2 of my cousins.

Everytime, one 3DS gets more streetpasses than the others, it's normal. What happens is, since I'm walking or in the bus, only one (or sometimes two) 3DS's get the chance to streetpass with the other poeple before I get out of the other 3DS's range. Hope I not confuse you lol.
---
3DS FC: 1375 - 7550 - 5688
#5iphysPosted 9/3/2013 7:40:37 PM
That's totally normal, since there's only so much time to exchange data when you're quickly passing someone. I find my XL does tend to get more tags than my regular 3DS: I assume the antenna is slightly longer because of the slightly larger size of the system so it tends to pick up the tags first, and then my other system has to wait to try to tag after if the other person hasn't gone out of range by then. Sometimes my XL gets 5 tags and my regular 3DS only gets 1.
#6mrjack3112Posted 9/3/2013 7:41:37 PM
muffinmasher posted...
Bump.

Haven't you posted this before?
#7muffinmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:46:07 PM
mrjack3112 posted...
muffinmasher posted...
Bump.

Maybe! Can't remember.
It just happened again today, and i couldn't recall if it was a normal phenomenon.

I'm going to try taking off my hard case and trying another trial tomorrow.
Glad to hear it happens, haha i was panicking my hardware was faulty for some reason.
---
#8TechniMyokoPosted 9/3/2013 8:13:16 PM
muffinmasher posted...
Bump.

you only waited 10 min! Bumping is also against the TOS (it's considered spam)
#9TinyTim123Posted 9/3/2013 8:43:55 PM
Lately? No. Since I've had it at launch?
Absolutely.
I have no case on my 3DS (why would I need to, it's got a clamshell design and I have a screen protector to guard against the bottom border scratching the top screen).
My brother owns an XL. Sometimes, we can streetpass as many times as three a day. However, when another friend was up to visit for a few days, I left my 3DS ar his house, so that all three of us could streetpass regularly. For some days, all three of us would get three streetpasses in 24 hours. Others, my brother's and Matt's would streetpass... and mine just wouldn't. No reason for it, mine would only do the one streetpass in a day.
A few days before, Matt and I had been at a comedy show. We were standing right next to each other, I had my 3DS in my back pocket, his was in his front shirt pocket. I got a streetpass, he got none.

Streetpasses are almost always inconsistent, there is no telling why one 3DS will get a pass, and another won't. Perhaps it had enough time to transmit the data to one, but was out of range before it could transmit to the second?

The world may never know.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#10mrjack3112Posted 9/3/2013 8:47:23 PM
muffinmasher posted...
mrjack3112 posted...
muffinmasher posted...
Bump.

Maybe! Can't remember.
It just happened again today, and i couldn't recall if it was a normal phenomenon.

I'm going to try taking off my hard case and trying another trial tomorrow.
Glad to hear it happens, haha i was panicking my hardware was faulty for some reason.

Please don't your title certainly has changed but your question still falls around the same point.