System Transfer Question

#1KinseiNoShishaPosted 9/4/2013 3:54:02 AM
This pretty much exact same question was asked in another topic, but I don't feel like a cut and dry answer was given, and it's been locked, so I can't bump it.

Now that the Pokemon X/Y special edition XL's have been officially announced for NA, the time to upgrade from my Zelda 3DS has arrived. When my brother upgraded to his XL, the process was simple, easy, and I'm sure I could do it again.

My one concern is the digital copy of Pokemon X/Y that I assume is going to be on these new XL's, like it is with the Japanese release. I was under the impression that whatever is on the XL is wiped when transferring, being replaced with the data from the transferring system. Does this mean Pokemon X/Y will be deleted and I'll have to actually purchase another copy of the game on top of the system, or is there some tie to that system that allows you to keep and/or redownload the game, despite transfer?

I'll probably still upgrade regardless, but I'm just curious how much money and hassle is going to be involved here.
---
Cheating? Who said anything about cheating? I'm just enhancing my chances of winning, there's a difference.
#2Primum_MobilePosted 9/4/2013 4:06:09 AM
You won't need to purchase X/Y again when you transfer from another 3DS to the pokemon 3DS.

Yes, most of the data on the target 3DS (the pokemon 3DS in this case) will be wiped clean.
Digital right is one thing that doesn't get wiped on the target 3DS. Instead, the digital rights (i.e. 3DS eshop account tied to each system) of both 3DS will merged as one in the target 3DS.
The actual data will be wiped from the target 3DS's memory, but if you check your download history in eshop, you can redownload any game you have the rights to, for no extra charge.

The digital rights on the original 3DS will be wiped clean though, alone w/ all the data that got transferred over.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#3SouzetsuAerirPosted 9/4/2013 4:16:08 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
You won't need to purchase X/Y again when you transfer from another 3DS to the pokemon 3DS.

Yes, most of the data on the target 3DS (the pokemon 3DS in this case) will be wiped clean.
Digital right is one thing that doesn't get wiped on the target 3DS. Instead, the digital rights (i.e. 3DS eshop account tied to each system) of both 3DS will merged as one in the target 3DS.
The actual data will be wiped from the target 3DS's memory, but if you check your download history in eshop, you can redownload any game you have the rights to, for no extra charge.

The digital rights on the original 3DS will be wiped clean though, alone w/ all the data that got transferred over.

TC, I can confirm this info is indeed correct but you should know that these limited edition XL's do not come with the game like other bundles in the past.
---
NNID: SouzetsuAerir PSN: ViridianDragoon
3DS FC: 4871-4039-0185
#4KinseiNoShisha(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 7:02:07 AM
Oh, they don't? I suppose it's a needless concern then. However, this is still info I would like to know, rather than have it remain a mystery. Thanks for the quick and informative replies guys.
---
Cheating? Who said anything about cheating? I'm just enhancing my chances of winning, there's a difference.
#5DanWoods85Posted 9/6/2013 11:42:07 AM
I have a question similar to TC's that I haven't been able to get a clear answer on.

I'm currently using my FE:A Edition XL and have preordered the Pokemon X & Y Edition XL. If I do a system transfer, will that also transfer my pre-installed copy of FE:A onto my new XL?
---
NNID: DanWoods1985
3DS FC: 0688-5613-3316
#6ObtuseAnginaPosted 9/6/2013 12:10:57 PM
From what I know, I think it will wipe the new 3DS clean, but in turn it will merge the eshop downloads of the two systems on the target system in the transfer. So when the transfer is done you will just have to download pokemon on the 3DS.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#7TinyTim123Posted 9/6/2013 12:12:02 PM
DanWoods85 posted...
I have a question similar to TC's that I haven't been able to get a clear answer on.

I'm currently using my FE:A Edition XL and have preordered the Pokemon X & Y Edition XL. If I do a system transfer, will that also transfer my pre-installed copy of FE:A onto my new XL?

Yes, it will transfer your FE:A, be sure to either switch the SD Cards, or copy all of your data from your original SD card and put it on the new SD Card to continue with your data on the new system.

I'm just curious where everyone with all the limited edition bundles is getting their money, though. I still have my launch 3DS, and since it works just fine, feel zero need to upgrade to anything. It helps that I;ve seen nothing I really really want (the Animal Crossing was quite tempting, but you know, poptart looking. A skin might be better).
I understand about collectorship, and cool stuff, is it always a case of that? "Ohh! Fire Emblem, gotta get that, Oooh, new Pokémon one, gotta catch that one too!" Or is it something else?
I mean, I can afford a limited edition, but I feel like since I am happy with the one I have, I'll use my money for other things like books or new games or to go out and eat or something.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8DanWoods85Posted 9/6/2013 12:19:57 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
DanWoods85 posted...

Yes, it will transfer your FE:A, be sure to either switch the SD Cards, or copy all of your data from your original SD card and put it on the new SD Card to continue with your data on the new system.

I'm just curious where everyone with all the limited edition bundles is getting their money, though. I still have my launch 3DS, and since it works just fine, feel zero need to upgrade to anything. It helps that I;ve seen nothing I really really want (the Animal Crossing was quite tempting, but you know, poptart looking. A skin might be better).
I understand about collectorship, and cool stuff, is it always a case of that? "Ohh! Fire Emblem, gotta get that, Oooh, new Pokémon one, gotta catch that one too!" Or is it something else?
I mean, I can afford a limited edition, but I feel like since I am happy with the one I have, I'll use my money for other things like books or new games or to go out and eat or something.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on getting a bigger SD card too, so I can just back up my current one and use the new one when I transfer.
---
NNID: DanWoods1985
3DS FC: 0688-5613-3316
#9Tzuba12Posted 9/6/2013 12:45:11 PM
Just for the record, TC. X an Y won't be included with the special edition systems, because the systems come out before the games come out.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba