How do you feel about them charging $5 a year for Pokemon Bank?

#81Shuo_RagnarokPosted 9/4/2013 4:49:59 PM
bcornelia posted...
It's optional, $5 annually, and something that wouldn't be too useful for me anyways. I don't have any issues.

This.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#82HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/4/2013 4:50:02 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
HiddenDoorway posted...
I don't see why people are getting all up in arms about this now. I mean, they've done this before with that one gamecube game that was nothing more than a storage device, and not as many people lost their minds over that.

I know right? And it was a storage device that only worked with ruby and sapphire and cost the equivalent of 4 years of this service.

let me put it to you this way if some told you that you could have 20 dollars right now or 5 dollars a year for the rest of your life what would you say would be more profitable?

UNLESS YOU DIED in next 4 years you'd have 25 dollars by year 5.

in other words i payed once for a game i have 12 years later it was 20 bucks
if i pay for this for 12 years it'll be 60 DOLLARS.

It's going to be outdated by that point most likely, anyway. Just like how the Pokemon Box thing didn't even come out 4 years before the new generation was ushered in.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3utn8AI.gif
#83WrestlinFanPosted 9/4/2013 4:51:24 PM
Baha05 posted...
WrestlinFan posted...
It starts with annoying little dollar DLCs.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.
---
The PS3 board gave me cancer.
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#84HoboOfAwePosted 9/4/2013 4:55:04 PM
I don't give a damn, I never came even close to filling my PC in a Pokemon game before.
---
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
#85DrunkenWhalePosted 9/4/2013 4:55:37 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
nintendo has BILLIONS.

And yet they don't invest in enough money to not only make an online server not lag constantly (brawl) a home console that is inferior to the competition (Wii U) or make a deal to keep exclusive rights to a game during a game drought until it released in February despite the game being essentially complete. (Rayman Legends)

And you're complaining that you have to pay five dollars a year - basically chump change - for a service that allows you to store little bits of data onto an online server - three thousand of them in fact - and allows you to effortlessly transfer them from not only four games to the upcoming two, but to allow you to transfer and organize those bits of data in any way that you choose, and allow them to be compatible with any game you have, including future titles.

Can I remind you of the time we had a pokemon storage application it was ten dollars, you could only transfer data from two games in a generation that had five meaning the three newer games - the more popular ones - were incompatible, and it was all tied to what game it was transferred from so while you could store pokemon from one game, you couldn't withdraw that pokemon unless you used the exact game card the pokemon was assigned to - so if you lost or sold that game that pokemon was inaccessible to you forever?

Because that was Pokemon Ranch, and it sucked that it was so limited.

But hey, $5 a year is nothing. Say what you want about transferring from 3rd gen to 4th gen since it was done on one system, transferring from 4th gen to 5th gen REQUIRED a second DS - That's at the very least well past $100 to spend for something as simple as transferring - if you were a DIY gamer.
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#86Buttery_ToastPosted 9/4/2013 4:56:02 PM
I don't give a crap. I sold my copy of White 2 so I don't have any old pokemon anyways.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#8790sRetroGamingPosted 9/4/2013 4:56:25 PM
Poké Transporter

When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the linked application Poké Transporter! When you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system, you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Poké Transporter is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo 3DS system that will be available along with Pokémon Bank. Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

WTF?
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#88Firelion6593Posted 9/4/2013 4:57:50 PM
The slippery slope totally exists guys! I can predict the future!

Seriously, though, the slippery slope fallacy isn't enough, because we honestly don't know to what extent Nintendo will take this sort of thing. Oh sure, there may have been patterns with other corporations, but patterns can be broken.

Plus, Masuda has stated he is very much against paid DLC. The Poke Bank isn't even DLC, it's a cloud based storage system, and a pretty extensive one at that. And, again, it lets people trade Pokémon between their two games without having to own a separate console.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#89Shuo_RagnarokPosted 9/4/2013 4:59:49 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Poké Transporter

When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the linked application Poké Transporter! When you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system, you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Poké Transporter is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo 3DS system that will be available along with Pokémon Bank. Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

WTF?

I'm guessing when you store pokemon from B/W/2 in the online box, it counts as a transfer, and most transfers that I know of can't be reversed. Meanwhile, storing pokemon from x/y counts as a standard storage. At least that's my take on it.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#90parKb5Posted 9/4/2013 5:15:22 PM
Has the price even been announced for the other regions yet? All I see is the announcement and release information for Japan in December and no mention of the other regions.

Could this be another Flipnote 3D, where Pokemon Bank proves to be SO popular in Japan, that no other region gets it?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki