3DS just turns off...

#1RaizunPosted 9/4/2013 9:22:46 PM
So my 3DS has turned off randomly twice now. The only thing I remember is the first time, I put it on my bed, but I'm not sure if it might have hit the wall a bit (definitely wasn't a hard hit if it did). Then just now, I lightly put down my DS on the desk. I think it surfaced the desk lightly on the top-right side, and then it turned off.

Then just now, I turned it back on and tried to tap it in the same place, but it didn't turn off...

I have all the latest updates. I'm thinking of using that warranty from Club Nintendo since I just signed up about a month ago.

But any idea what's going on with it? Any advice about what I should do?
Also, I have the digital copy of Animal Crossing and am reluctant to part with my 3DS for so long right now...
---
FC: 4597-0571-1300, Town Name: Azalea
Mission: Stuff Animal Crossing with as much kawaii as possible.
#2PhazonedgePosted 9/4/2013 9:34:14 PM
My best guess is that the battery isn't connected properly, I had the same issue, and that was the cause.

If you're fine with being without your 3DS for about two weeks, just send it in; they'll extend your warranty for it.

Of course, you could just replace the battery and see if that fixes the problem.
---
Ore o dare da to omotte yagaru?!
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0932-9466 3DS Pass Id: passid.ca/Phazon
#3Raizun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:51:16 PM
That makes sense... I guess I'll get that checked. Did they do a system transfer and give you a new 3DS for replacement?
---
#4PhazonedgePosted 9/4/2013 10:02:21 PM
Odds are they'll just fix the problem and ship your original 3DS back to you. I doubt they'd replace it unless the problem was one they couldn't actually fix (I doubt that's the case here).

I'd imagine they would do everything in their power to keep your data in tact should they need to replace though.
---
Ore o dare da to omotte yagaru?!
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0932-9466 3DS Pass Id: passid.ca/Phazon
#5Raizun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:09:45 PM
Okay, I'll try it. Thanks a lot for the help!
---