Radiant Historia or The World Ends with You?

#1cman1001Posted 9/5/2013 9:20:59 AM
Basically the gist is I only have enough money for one of these games which one should I get and why? The one thing I don't like on the World Ends With You is it gameplay as it seems confusing and it looks like it could give me severe headaches; while Radiant Historia battle system intrigues me with its strategy. So what's your opinion?
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-2259-2087 (Xenon 1.0)
3DS XL Friend Code: 3196-3455-3209 (Xenon2.0) [PM me if you do add me please. And make sure to add both please.]
#2yankee6903Posted 9/5/2013 9:22:26 AM
RH Rocks...I tried TWEWY and it wasnt for me
#3Bigmac909Posted 9/5/2013 9:22:58 AM
Radiant Historia if you ask me.

The battle system didn't blow me away with complexity but it worked. The story, music, and graphics are all fantastic.

TWEWY didn't appeal to me at all.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#421_21Posted 9/5/2013 9:24:07 AM
They're both amazing games, and I want you to eventually look into both of them once you have the money to do so, but right now, Radiant Historia because I think it's better.

Keep in mind that most of the battle in RH is not hard at all, and the basic premise is time travel. But the plot is excellent.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum
#5supremeblasterPosted 9/5/2013 9:27:08 AM
Radiant Historia, and it's not even close.
#6AceMosPosted 9/5/2013 9:27:28 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Radiant Historia, and it's not even close.

this
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#7---Danny---Posted 9/5/2013 9:31:52 AM
Radiant Historia
---
3DS FC : 2165-5777-8133
#8HerPandaPosted 9/5/2013 9:47:50 AM
The World Ends with You

The battle system might look confusing at first, but it's darn fun. Radiant Historia's battle system may look interesting, but after the first 5 hours or so combat boils down to the same "strategy" over and over. If you're going to play something for the battle system, go for TWEWY. It's not one of those "grinding heavy" games, since you have the option to keep your level at level 1 if you wish, compared to RH's traditional RPG system that favors stats over strategy in combat.

The characters are also much more interesting in TWEWY, compared to RH's (aside from the main character, everyone is static and feels artificial in RH. TWEWY's may be cliched, but at least they weren't robots.). I also prefer TWEWY's story, but RH's is still decent. IMO, TWEWY's pacing is extremely better; it's always moving at a great pace, while Radiant Historia has a stellar beginning that quickly fades away after a few hours, only reaching that same glory maybe once or twice more.

I'd go for TWEWY. I don't get the hype behind RH; it's a rather average RPG with "time travel" mechanics that make no sense (it's time travel maybe twice in the entire game; the rest of the "time travel" isn't time travel at all, to keep spoilers minimal), extremely fake characters (aside from the main and perhaps Rosche), okay story, poor pacing, a battle system that had promise but ran out of ideas, but admittedly has a stellar OST.

TWEWY on the other hand is solid fun. Characters may be cliched, but hell is it fun.
#9ljkkjlcm9Posted 9/5/2013 9:49:08 AM
I pick TWEWY

I played it fully getting everything and mastering all pins.

Radiant Historia I played a little more than half of it then lost interest.

THE JACKEL
#10SMASHKING84Posted 9/5/2013 9:56:21 AM
both are good. but rh is better imo.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4