I wholeheartedly recommend Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

#21WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:48:11 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
VirtuKnight posted...
Don't play on Casual. :/ I'm a newbie to the series, and have never played a dungeon crawler before. The regular difficulty is fun, rewarding, and requires some actual thought as opposed to most other JRPGs.

Apart from that, I completely agree!

it's still tough on casual the only difference is you won't wonder out into world and get one hit koed by a kangaro.

Nah, the game is pretty easy on casual. You don't even get game overs!

I wouldn't say it's easy, more normal difficulty.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#22pikachupwnagePosted 9/5/2013 6:57:56 PM
Agreed. Beaten everything but the half of darkness(second floor) and fallen one.
---
This is a work of a demon isn't it? Demons here, demons there! It's all so....demoning.
#23EarthLord_CJPosted 9/5/2013 7:31:55 PM
TAoR posted...
We're gonna have to disagree on the boring part.

^This.

Can;t speak for the 4th game, of course, but the first one was really, really hard for me to get into. I can't explain why, but I found virtually no entertainment when I played it.

I did only play it for an hour our two, so maybe I didn't play for long enough to truly appreciate it, but I know that the map-making system was a mechanic that did my head in.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#242wingedangelPosted 9/5/2013 7:36:48 PM
You forgot to mention making your own map. Some may think it's a pain, but I think it's a nice break from the action.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194
#25WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 7:39:59 PM
2wingedangel posted...
You forgot to mention making your own map. Some may think it's a pain, but I think it's a nice break from the action.

Yeah, that was enjoyable as well. Didn't map as much towards the end of the game, but it was still a fun thing to do.
---
#26ThatSageGuyPosted 9/5/2013 10:04:58 PM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
VirtuKnight posted...
Don't play on Casual. :/ I'm a newbie to the series, and have never played a dungeon crawler before. The regular difficulty is fun, rewarding, and requires some actual thought as opposed to most other JRPGs.

it's still tough on casual the only difference is you won't wonder out into world and get one hit koed by a kangaro.

I'm with Jumpluff on this, I completed the game on normal mode and didn't find it that difficult, so I shudder to think what casual mode would have been like.

EO4 is a good game, but my biggest complaint about it is that the dungeons were too short and small.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
FC: 5043-1666-5680 ACNL Town: Etria.
#27WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:10:56 PM
ThatSageGuy posted...
WiseWarrior101 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
VirtuKnight posted...

I'm with Jumpluff on this, I completed the game on normal mode and didn't find it that difficult, so I shudder to think what casual mode would have been like.

EO4 is a good game, but my biggest complaint about it is that the dungeons were too short and small.

Haven't played many RPGs tbqh. All the Mario ones, Pokemon, Chrono series, Final Fantasy X, probably a few others I forgot. EOIV felt like the first one where I really had to use my brain.
---
#28furygodsPosted 9/5/2013 10:20:30 PM
EOIV fulfilled my dream of having a all loli allstar team.
---
With courage comes glory. With glory comes immortality.
#29WebsandWigsPosted 9/5/2013 10:30:42 PM
This game is tedious and the lack of story and focus on RPG char building means its for sperglords only. Pass.
#30poldualPosted 9/5/2013 10:38:24 PM
I didn't like the demo, then i bought it on a whim one day and...

...it's amazing. It's been so long since I played an RPG that actually needs proper build and tactics. Also, dat Nightseeker girl.
---
~(-_-)~