This thread has been beaten dead, I'm sure, but I need advice on eshop titles.

#1RandomFalcoPosted 9/5/2013 5:50:34 PM
I've looked through about 20 threads before deciding to make this thread. I noticed Recca, Starship Damrey, Bit Trip Saga, and a few others have caught my eye. But I'm still undecided. I'm still miffed flipnote 3D hasn't been made available. I like to draw. I would have spent this money on that in a heartbeat.

I've got $21.23 on my account.

Most of my downloaded titles have came as gifts from clubnintendo. This is what I have;

Kirby's Pinball
DK '94
Metroid 2
Pushmo
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Season/Link's Awakening
Mario's Picross

I figured I'd give you a list of what I have to see of you can weigh my tastes and come up with something. I've done a lot of looking around and couldn't ultimately bring myself to buy anything. I've had this money for a few weeks. It's what's remaining of the $30 promotion from a few months ago.

Thanks.I hope this thread doesn't get derailed like it did on /v/.
---
~Unbiased Club Team Leader~
---The Objective NGG Sovereign---
#2vanguard29Posted 9/5/2013 5:52:31 PM
bit trip is $5. i bought it, but have yet to download it cuz my internet is so s***** :(

but i hear it is a lot of content for a five spot.
---
"What is a heart? Can it be seen if I rip open this chest of yours? If I crush your skull? Will I find it there?" - Ulquiorra Schiffer.
#3RandomFalco(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:58:14 PM
Oh, I know. The problem is that I have it already on PC thanks to a humble bundle. So I am not so convinced to have it despite it being in SUPERIOR portable format.
---
#4iMURDAuPosted 9/5/2013 6:11:30 PM
Mario Golf for GBC. You could've gotten it on Club Nintendo last go around but its still worth $4.99 anyway. 5 courses, trick shot challenges, RPG elements, a good challenge even for gamers with golf game experience, you really can't go wrong.
---
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / ... .--. . -. - / - .... .. ... / - .. -- . / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / .- / --. .- -- .
#5RandomFalco(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:17:01 PM
Ah, yes. Camelot was an ace developer at that time. I played Mario Tennis for the GBC and loved it. I never tried Mario Golf. I might look into that.
---
#6Mangafreak17Posted 9/5/2013 6:46:01 PM
Whoo boy. As someone who bought a lot of eShop games and enjoyed most of them, this'll be hard to keep to a small list.

To add to what you have, if you enjoyed Pushmo, Crashmo is also a great sequel to it with just as much content. The PICROSS-e games are also pretty good if you like Mario's Picross. A little pricy though, for the amount of puzzles (around 200, iirc).

If you enjoy traditional, turn-based RPGs at all, The Denpa Men 1/2 are great. I'd recommend the 2nd if you want more bang for your buck and don't care about playing games out of order (there's no real significant story interconnection between the two however)

SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt is a fairly recent game that's been touted as a Metroidvania with a digging aspect. From what I've played of the game, it's really enthralling and smooth. The polish is very nice.

Witch and Hero is a cheap option for a $1.99 game. 8-bit graphics, and full of charm. Watch some videos though, to see if you'd like the gameplay, which can be really repetitive.

And of course, I'd be remiss to neglect to mention the Wario Land series if you're interest in platformers. Just fantastic games that showcase Wario very well as a character.

There are others, like the rest of the Guild 01/02 games but I'll leave you with these for now.
---
Name: Lun
3DS FC: 3695-0042-8838
#7Number43Posted 9/5/2013 7:02:28 PM
Dillon's Rolling Western.
#8Primum_MobilePosted 9/5/2013 7:46:26 PM
RandomFalco posted...
I like to draw.

colors 3D?
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#9bruno1983brPosted 9/5/2013 8:05:19 PM
Gargoyle's Quest (GB-VC) is still good.

VVVVVV is a great indie title.

Rayman (DSiware) is a great game.
#10VyersPosted 9/5/2013 8:15:33 PM
BIT.TRIP SAGA isn't worth $5, unfortunately. You'd be better off getting them on the WIi, or even the PC, where the framerate isn't garbage.

The best thing for me to do is to limit what other people are suggesting, first.

1. Rayman on DSiWare is a good game, but you're better off if you can find a copy of it on another platform, like PS3, Vita, or PSP.

2. Avoid Picross on eShop. You're better off purchasing Picross DS at retail.

3. Dillon's Rolling Western is too polarizing a choice, since it has such mixed opinions on its quality. I would recommend waiting until after you've bought better stuff.

Alrighty then. My recommendations:

1. Gargoyle's Quest is fantastic for its price.
2. If you liked Pushmo, buy Crashmo.
3. Shantae: Risky's Revenge is hard to not recommend.
4. Wario Land II is a fantastic game, especially if you haven't played it before.
5. Castlevania is awesome. Stick with it and you'll love it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!