StreetPass Relay Issues [finally?] Reported in the US

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. StreetPass Relay Issues [finally?] Reported in the US

User Info: MasterShaman27

3 years ago#1
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't see this yet...Seems like part of the issue could be that places like Starbucks are switching from AT&T to Google.

I also find it interesting that Gamefaqs was mentioned in this article, goes to show how much of a presence this site really has on the internet!

User Info: LWL

3 years ago#2
I think, at least for some Starbucks, the issue seems to be that now you have to go through a "Terms and Conditions" web page before you can use wi-fi. That's been my experience at least -- the relay was working fine until recently, and then I found I couldn't even connect to Nintendo Zone. I tried opening my 3DS browser and going to Google, and I was presented with a Terms and Conditions page where I had to accept to proceed. I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone after that. Unfortunately afterwards I didn't pick up any tags from the relay -- I may have still been the last person to leave data at that location.

Obviously this is a problem as it seems you can't simply walk by or visit a location to access the relay -- you need to specifically connect to it. I don't know if there's any workaround that Nintendo could implement. Interestingly enough, Starbucks switching to Google could be a way out of this problem, if they don't require going through a Terms and Conditions page to access wi-fi. Of course Nintendo would have to make arrangements with Google to support Nintendo Zone as well, but if Starbucks is switching to Google hopefully Nintendo is already working on this.

User Info: TinyTim123

3 years ago#3
It seems my local McDonalds (the only Nintendo Zone within 50 miles) isn't even transmitting anything. There is no AT&T or Google or anything else to connect to, and clearly Nintendo Zone isn't working, and, as usual, no streetpasses.
It had worked in the past, though... the last time before the N-Zone streetpass transmit I tried was in Winter, so I don't know how long it has been not transmitting.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. StreetPass Relay Issues [finally?] Reported in the US

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived