Whoever bought Atlus?

#21monkeypahngPosted 9/6/2013 6:48:11 PM
robomasteralpha posted...

Ironically? Ninty acquiring them would probably be a best case scenario.

Consider that Sega Sammy is the only one we know to have made a bid for Atlus. Remember that they've had something of a spotty track record vis a vis localization for things other than Sonic.

Another name I've seen preferred is Namco-Bandai. Similar problem; they have a nasty tendency to not localize things.

See what I'm getting at?

At least Nintendo realizes there is a market for these games, and if the recent SMT IV-FE promotion is anything to go by, would likely take care of the company and its IP's.

Agreed. Really hope SEGA don't get Atlus. They can't even advertise their games properly. Seriously, Has anyone heard about any of their games other than Sonic? Heck, I don't think they even bothered to announce that Hatsune Miku Project Diva F is finally on the PSN store for Europe.

IMO, I rather have NIS get Atlus. Although, it probably won't happen. NIS/ America do a great job localising their games and have done a great job publishing Atlus' games in Europe even when they aren't based in Europe.
---
Shadow Aigis.... HNNNNNGGGGGGGG!
FC: 1719-3458-5336 @Jamyfang
#22aak57Posted 9/6/2013 8:51:04 PM
SEGA Sammy is a holding company. It's not like it'd be the actual SEGA part controlling them. And SEGA's ineptitude at localization wouldn't matter considering Atlus USA is a thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#23dillo9000Posted 9/6/2013 8:56:04 PM
aak57 posted...
Atlus USA is a thing.

Atlus in Europe/Australia however, is not.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, P4A2, SSB4, Sonic Lost World, Dubs of P3 Movies
Currently playing: P4G, P4A, SMT4, M&L4
#24lambchipsPosted 9/7/2013 1:39:29 AM
I hope J Trust buys index... that way I can reap both the tears of Nintendo and Sony fanboys
^ it doesnt even have to be Jtrust, as long as they bought atlus because they are interested in getting into mobile gaming
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#25GeekyDadPosted 9/7/2013 6:57:56 AM
Lordorc posted...
They weren't up for auction to begin with. That was a mistranslation on one board that was reported on other sites.

Index was looking for sponsors then.

It was reported by Bloomberg Japan and then by their western site. I don't think you get more reputable business news than Bloomberg. I don't know who mistranslated it, but their reports are solid:

"Offers for Index in the first-round of bidding reached as much as 20 billion yen..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-09/j-trust-makes-offer-for-index-corp-in-bid-to-tap-online-clients.html
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"