Is this thing ever going to get an Advance Wars?

#31Pupu27Posted 9/7/2013 7:24:27 AM
Magnemight posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Awakening dumbed down FE. Bad maps. World map that throws away any need for strategy because you can grind past challenges. Weeaboo awful art. (I'm not gonna whine about casual mode because honestly most fans are babies and already reset when someone dies.)

I want an Advance Wars 3DS, but I'm not sure how badly after the insult that was FE:A.....

I can agree with the maps being godawful, but y'really shouldn't complain about being able to grind in an RPG, SRPG or not. Such things allow less capable players to complete the game.

the CO rank abilities could get extremely broken, too

One reason I love the original Advanced Wars is they don't allow users to grind at all. It was a pure tactical game. The FE series tried to combined both tactical & RPG genres and it sucked in both.
#32Akihiko__SanadaPosted 9/7/2013 7:25:30 AM
I personally hope they go back to their AA1/2 style. I felt like Dual Strike damaged the series. With all the changes it made. Some were welcome, but most of them made it a lot less interesting. (Ie: The super-OP megatank that you can win any level just by deploying.)
---
-No longer a fan of Wiis-
#33Solar20xxPosted 9/7/2013 8:19:59 AM
Pupu27 posted...
Magnemight posted...
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
Awakening dumbed down FE. Bad maps. World map that throws away any need for strategy because you can grind past challenges. Weeaboo awful art. (I'm not gonna whine about casual mode because honestly most fans are babies and already reset when someone dies.)

I want an Advance Wars 3DS, but I'm not sure how badly after the insult that was FE:A.....

I can agree with the maps being godawful, but y'really shouldn't complain about being able to grind in an RPG, SRPG or not. Such things allow less capable players to complete the game.

the CO rank abilities could get extremely broken, too

One reason I love the original Advanced Wars is they don't allow users to grind at all. It was a pure tactical game. The FE series tried to combined both tactical & RPG genres and it sucked in both.

Well you don't really grind in the AWs games. You just dive in and hope to win. I suppose to replace that there's many chances that battles can be very long, but this is a war like game, so I find it understandable.
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#34IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/7/2013 8:32:39 AM
Akihiko__Sanada posted...
I personally hope they go back to their AA1/2 style. I felt like Dual Strike damaged the series. With all the changes it made. Some were welcome, but most of them made it a lot less interesting. (Ie: The super-OP megatank that you can win any level just by deploying.)

Eh, unless you're Colin, Megatanks aren't as practical or onesided as you make it seem. A group of Neotanks + Colin discount > Megatank in most situations.

Sure the MT is powerful but by the time you get the unit, or when you can afford it consistantly, you more or less already should be close to victory. It'd be hard not to lose.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#35ljobenzaPosted 9/7/2013 11:35:32 AM
I loled at weaboo awful art.
#36MagnemightPosted 9/7/2013 3:24:20 PM
IrateGameFAQer posted...

Eh, unless you're Colin, Megatanks aren't as practical or onesided as you make it seem. A group of Neotanks + Colin discount > Megatank in most situations.

Sure the MT is powerful but by the time you get the unit, or when you can afford it consistantly, you more or less already should be close to victory. It'd be hard not to lose.

Neotanks > Megatank in pretty much all situations. The damn thing can only fire three times before needing to reload, and four movement speed along with treads results in the tank barely outpacing your infantry.

oh, you have Megatanks? I have rockets.

(not that you'd see anything near that expensive in regular play, I'm talking about the Campaign/War Room)
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#37IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/7/2013 3:34:32 PM
I had originally typed out all situations, but I was also thinking of the slight possiblity of having a group of MT's and ganged up there would be some trouble.

But I do agree Neo > MT generally.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#38Solar20xxPosted 9/7/2013 10:43:04 PM
Found this, even though this news is a bit old.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/intelligent_systems_isnt_done_with_advance_wars_just_yet
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#39serenade_betaPosted 9/7/2013 10:52:38 PM
Lightning Strike -> Victory March = ...?
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#40LightHawKnightPosted 9/7/2013 11:00:27 PM

Megatank OP? It is near darn utterly useless. With such a small amount of movement, it isn't going anywhere fast, which makes it lag behind when it should be in the front lines. A rocket will basically decimate it, since reaching the rocket will be a pain in the ass and infantry meat shields are great for stalling. It only has 3 shots, which means it can't stay out for long and it is pretty costly. Now Neotanks, those suckers are beyond OP. Can move far, deal great damage and great survivability. Allowing them to soak up hits and dish em out just as well, anywhere you wish them to be.

serenade_beta posted...
Lightning Strike -> Victory March = ...?

Just makes me think of Earth and Sky. Use Eagle to blast a hole in the enemy line during his phase a few transport helicopters with infantry in them moving through the holes in the enemy line. Use his second turn to mop up and drop those infantry way behind enemy lines. Switch to Sami to take over any building the infantry can reach and finish mopping up the enemy.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."