Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked general discussion topic

#41themegaman7Posted 9/9/2013 9:14:13 AM
Kuyama-kun posted...
yankee6903 posted...
convoluted story...I put it down on day 4 for a few weeks and went back to it and cant remember a damn thing

Convoluted? Lol, hardly.

I really liked the story. Anything involving demons is cool to me because you get to learn about several different mythologies and religions, especially if you go past the game and Google each demon and angel like I did and read about their real-life context.

The only fight that really annoyed me was Beldr, because unless your MC is a strength build, you'll be there for quite a few turns.

But honestly, story is amazing and one of the top 3 RPGs on the system.

I thought the amount of damage was reliant on your level, not your strenght or magic.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#42GeekyDadPosted 9/9/2013 10:32:15 AM
themegaman7 posted...

I thought the amount of damage was reliant on your level, not your strenght or magic.

It's both. Str helps determine phys dmg, and Mg helps in determining magic damage and resistance.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#43Lelouch71Posted 9/9/2013 10:50:05 AM
It's my third favorite megaten behind P2 duology and SMT4. The story is among the best of the franchise and it's a good shout out to SMT1 story. I don't particularly like Midori but everyone else was good enough even Yuzu who actually acts like a typical human given the situation.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#44themegaman7Posted 9/9/2013 11:18:34 AM
GeekyDad posted...
themegaman7 posted...

It's both. Str helps determine phys dmg, and Mg helps in determining magic damage and resistance.

I meant in the case of Devil's Fuge, the thing you use to fight Beldr.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#45GeekyDadPosted 9/9/2013 12:40:30 PM
themegaman7 posted...

Ah. Well, I think the Devil Fuge is considered a physical attack. It even has the phys icon next to it, so it would stand to reason it would be affected by your St stat. But again, you could use a Kishin to get two skirmishes, or a passive skill to guarantee an extra turn.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#46SaintparaPosted 9/9/2013 1:54:02 PM
GeekyDad posted...
themegaman7 posted...

Ah. Well, I think the Devil Fuge is considered a physical attack. It even has the phys icon next to it, so it would stand to reason it would be affected by your St stat. But again, you could use a Kishin to get two skirmishes, or a passive skill to guarantee an extra turn.

No, Devil's Fuge is exclusively level based and has nothing to do with your stats.

Also, to the guy above who thought Yuzu was better than Midori because of stats... 3 movement. Need I say more? Midori also has slightly more optimal stats for throwing spells at people.
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd