Is Nintendo underrated or overrated?

#11MCcakePosted 9/6/2013 7:17:21 PM
C) Doomed
---
Not changing this sig until Super Mario Galaxy 3 is announced for the 3DS. Started 8/29/13
#12TheMisterManGuyPosted 9/6/2013 7:20:55 PM
slitherysob posted...
A bit of both, to be honest. Games like Mario and Zelda are overrated. Nintendo has the attitude of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's why they release the same games. Let's be honest, NSMB ain't that different from NSMBWii, NSMB2 and NSMBWiiU. They rarely release new style games. Wonderful 101 I think is the newest and freshest game they had in years, and it ain't that good. But it's been underrated since the N64 days. Hardcore gamers rarely get Nintendo consoles because Nintendo consoles don't have a lot of hardcore games.

What about handhelds? We've seen some great stuff from them like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pushmo, Elite Bezt Agents, etc. Plus, Nintendo handhelds don't have much of a problem with hardcore games.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#13Solar20xxPosted 9/6/2013 7:21:40 PM
MCcake posted...
C) Doomed

XD
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#14MarsfordPosted 9/6/2013 7:30:19 PM
They do hard things well and easy things wrong. And then make a lot of unexpected decisions that make sense later, and screw up obvious decisions.

They're hard to rate.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#15TaaronPosted 9/6/2013 7:31:49 PM
robomasteralpha posted...
Both, simultaneously.

I came to say that.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#16MarkMiltonPosted 9/6/2013 7:33:35 PM
well, they're the highest profile game developer on the planet... so they could really only be overrated, i suppose.

but i don't think i'd go that far.

they've earned their place i think.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#17dancer62Posted 9/6/2013 8:35:17 PM
Be fair, it's pitched to preadolescents. It's nice that there are a few games that adults can play.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#18middays_deepPosted 9/6/2013 8:45:46 PM
IMO, Ninty used to be over-rated. Now, they're niether over-rated or under-rated.
---
"I take back what I said, and I take back the take back before that."
#19The Blob2000Posted 9/6/2013 8:53:30 PM
They are potentially some of the best innovators in the game but they also like to play it safe a lot.
Which is weird. Did that make sense?
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.