Poor Capcom.

#1Hercik1Posted 9/7/2013 9:31:26 AM
Cancel megaman legends because they think he's dead. Don't listen to fans about megaman and instead let the megaman vs. street fighter be their anniversary game.

Then inafune release his kickstarter and already almost raised two million in a week.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Capcom is like how come nobody told us the people wanted megaman?
#2Todd3600Posted 9/7/2013 9:41:58 AM
They had there chance. There paid demo was ready to go and they said nah no one would want to play this demo we made.

I bought my 3ds launch day because I had been waiting ever since legends 2 during ps1 era to find out what happens after the cliffhanger.
#3helldewPosted 9/7/2013 10:07:46 AM
Megaman games have always sold decently never insanely well but considering the budget they put behind them which usually isnt that high they had a pretty consistent fan base for a milked franchise that was consistently solid but limited with budget not to mention the fanbase it had had to have been hardcore cause no fanbase would buy that many games otherwise (think about it on GBA alone there were 4 MMZ games 1 classic port in MM and bass and 6 main BN games + battle chip challange and the Gate game in japanese which is at least like 13 games alone.

on DS there is ZX ZXA MMBN5DTDS and starforce 1-3 and the Zero collection the last one being the ZC. while it wasnt as saturated it was still fairly saturated. like they should have probably waited a while longer for Starforce 3 for instance cause the 3 games in 3 years was pretty crazy fast to the point where i didnt even care for SF3 the first time i played it. and mind you up to that point all the prior games came out within that time span where ZC is kinda an outlier.

oh and mind you within that time there were other games in production like MHX PU MM9 and MM10 at which point they didnt try slowing down production or something nope they just flat out pulled the plug...

then canceling legends 3 (a gameplay style that hasnt been approached in megaman for like 10 years) that MMO that i really feel like they just screwed up on. seriously wtf were they even thinking with that let us create our own reploids not everone playing as Zero and X X plus when they had BN/EXE at their disposal.. *flips table* then the powered up game on console which just looked great.

they have always had a fanbase and honestly inafune or not screw it make megaman games just dont overmilk the franchise i would rather have bigger entries once in a while then a billion entries. there is still a ton they could do with Starforce ZX legends X classic considering their foundation is freaking brilliant but W/E these are the Street fighter turbo HD remix ultra arcade edition company so im not surprised. plus right now would be a great time to troll inafune and release an actual megaman game and give him some serious competition IMO

TTDR version capcom ran megaman into the ground.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#4gamezero6Posted 9/7/2013 3:01:22 PM
Mighty No. 9 maybe coming to 3DS and PSV?

Last I checked the big 3 goal was 2.5Million, now its 2.2Million?

Think about it?
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069
#5WrestlinFanPosted 9/7/2013 3:04:50 PM
People would Kickstart a piece of s*** if it were to have inafune's name on it.
---
The PS3 board gave me cancer.
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#6MegaMettaurPosted 9/7/2013 3:10:30 PM
helldew posted...
Megaman games have always sold decently never insanely well but considering the budget they put behind them which usually isnt that high they had a pretty consistent fan base for a milked franchise that was consistently solid but limited with budget not to mention the fanbase it had had to have been hardcore cause no fanbase would buy that many games otherwise (think about it on GBA alone there were 4 MMZ games 1 classic port in MM and bass and 6 main BN games + battle chip challange and the Gate game in japanese which is at least like 13 games alone.

on DS there is ZX ZXA MMBN5DTDS and starforce 1-3 and the Zero collection the last one being the ZC. while it wasnt as saturated it was still fairly saturated. like they should have probably waited a while longer for Starforce 3 for instance cause the 3 games in 3 years was pretty crazy fast to the point where i didnt even care for SF3 the first time i played it. and mind you up to that point all the prior games came out within that time span where ZC is kinda an outlier.

oh and mind you within that time there were other games in production like MHX PU MM9 and MM10 at which point they didnt try slowing down production or something nope they just flat out pulled the plug...

then canceling legends 3 (a gameplay style that hasnt been approached in megaman for like 10 years) that MMO that i really feel like they just screwed up on. seriously wtf were they even thinking with that let us create our own reploids not everone playing as Zero and X X plus when they had BN/EXE at their disposal.. *flips table* then the powered up game on console which just looked great.

they have always had a fanbase and honestly inafune or not screw it make megaman games just dont overmilk the franchise i would rather have bigger entries once in a while then a billion entries. there is still a ton they could do with Starforce ZX legends X classic considering their foundation is freaking brilliant but W/E these are the Street fighter turbo HD remix ultra arcade edition company so im not surprised. plus right now would be a great time to troll inafune and release an actual megaman game and give him some serious competition IMO

TTDR version capcom ran megaman into the ground.

There were 7 main games. 4.5 is not a spin off
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#7MCcakePosted 9/7/2013 3:30:36 PM
Todd3600 posted...
They had there chance. There paid demo was ready to go and they said nah no one would want to play this demo we made.

I bought my 3ds launch day because I had been waiting ever since legends 2 during ps1 era to find out what happens after the cliffhanger.

This. I was so pissed off when I Capcom said that. Just wait, Capcom is going to suddenly have interest in Mega Man again, but nobody is going to buy it because they pissed too many people off. Their barely surviving by leeching off of Nintendo and Microsoft.
---
Not changing this sig until Super Mario Galaxy 3 is announced for the 3DS. Started 8/29/13
#8bruno1983brPosted 9/7/2013 3:43:38 PM
Mega Man Legends 3 is overrated.
#921_21Posted 9/7/2013 3:48:45 PM
I'm actually dying to know what Capcom's official response is to this. I want them to feel guilty for being stupid enough to think no one would want Megaman!
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 9/7/2013 3:51:44 PM
21_21 posted...
I'm actually dying to know what Capcom's official response is to this. I want them to feel guilty for being stupid enough to think no one would want Megaman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufVQIUEiYc
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board