Remove Nintendo ID

#1The13DoctorsPosted 9/7/2013 5:34:54 PM
I may end up selling my 3DS to get WWHD Bundle and I want to remove the connection of this system from my Club Nintendo, Nintendo ID, Credit Card and all that stuff. Can I do that? Also, is there a way to do that while keeping the digital games I downloaded?
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#2SalogyPosted 9/7/2013 5:46:23 PM
The13Doctors posted...
I may end up selling my 3DS to get WWHD Bundle and I want to remove the connection of this system from my Club Nintendo, Nintendo ID, Credit Card and all that stuff. Can I do that? Also, is there a way to do that while keeping the digital games I downloaded?

You can remove personal information in the eShop. If you want to keep your games, you have to do a system transfer. Just putting in some random SD card with someone's games into a new system won't do a thing.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3The13Doctors(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 5:58:47 PM
Salogy posted...
The13Doctors posted...

You can remove personal information in the eShop. If you want to keep your games, you have to do a system transfer. Just putting in some random SD card with someone's games into a new system won't do a thing.

The system transfer, how would that work?
---
#4IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/7/2013 6:01:33 PM
Need 2 3DSes

think of it like a pokemon trade.

there's a system transfer option in settings.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#5ObtuseAnginaPosted 9/7/2013 6:05:24 PM
Salogy posted...
The13Doctors posted...

Doing a system transfer would be a bad idea with someone else's system, once you do a system transfer to another 3DS, their eshop accounts are merged on the target system, and there would be no way to separate them again
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#6The13Doctors(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:25:46 PM
ObtuseAngina posted...
Salogy posted...
The13Doctors posted...

Doing a system transfer would be a bad idea with someone else's system, once you do a system transfer to another 3DS, their eshop accounts are merged on the target system, and there would be no way to separate them again

What about my Club Nintendo stuff, ID, user, connection. I can keep that stuff? also can I remove the stuff without removing the games, at least get some money back on them by selling it for a tad more.
---
#7ObtuseAnginaPosted 9/7/2013 6:38:18 PM
youll be able to keep your club nintendo stuff no problem, just when you sell your system you will lose all your digital games, what would be an idea is if you have someone who has an extra 3DS with nothing on it, that they arent gonna use what you would do is system transfer with that 3DS, sell yours and then when you get a new 3DS system transfer back from your friends extra 3DS
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#8SalogyPosted 9/7/2013 7:46:19 PM
ObtuseAngina posted...
Salogy posted...
The13Doctors posted...

Who ever said anything about using someone else's system for the transfer? The only way TC is going to keep his game in some form is to transfer the games. He is probably going to just lose them at this point. It doesn't have to be some random person but his original SD card won't work in just any 3DS and some random SD card won't work with his 3DS.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#9PlaysaverPosted 9/7/2013 9:10:00 PM
When you do a system transfer to a new 3ds all your stuff including your cc and id and games gets moved to the new 3ds and all the info that was on the old 3ds gets removed.
#10Primum_MobilePosted 9/7/2013 9:43:38 PM
i think TC just want to keep the game so he can sell his 3DS for more money (correct me if i am wrong).

There are options in the eshop to unlink your club nintendo account and remove your credit card information. I don't see a need to purposely delete all the eshop account information, and i don't know what will happen to your downloads if you delete eshop account info.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)