Thoughts on Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem:Awakening?

#11DoItForMePosted 9/9/2013 10:14:56 PM
Clint_EastStone posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
LMFAO! Deep strategy? Out of all the Fire Emblem games this is by far the least thought provoking/and is exceedingly easy. 95% of the missions are just straight forward "kill all the enemies". The map's layout aren't used for strategic planing/fighting. Reclassing is broken, since all you need to win on the harder difficulties is dark mage. Oh, and did i mention the grinding? Heck the only reason lunatic is difficult in the first place is because of the high enemy stats, not placement or conditions, like any GOOD SRPG should.

This is more of a JRPG or baby's first strategy game.

We don't care.

People who want their brain to be challenged do.

People who want to challenge their brains usually don't play a game series well know for being easily won through trial and error.
---
ACNL: 1461 - 6910 - 3355 (Don, Brillare)
#12Clint_EastStonePosted 9/9/2013 10:16:03 PM
DoItForMe posted...
LMFAO! Deep strategy? Out of all the Fire Emblem games this is by far the least thought provoking/and is exceedingly easy. 95% of the missions are just straight forward "kill all the enemies". The map's layout aren't used for strategic planing/fighting. Reclassing is broken, since all you need to win on the harder difficulties is dark mage. Oh, and did i mention the grinding? Heck the only reason lunatic is difficult in the first place is because of the high enemy stats, not placement or conditions, like any GOOD SRPG should.

We don't care.

People who want their brain to be challenged do.

People who want to challenge their brains usually don't play a game series well know for being easily won through trial and error.

I'm hardcore. There is no reset button for me.
#13GhastsPosted 9/9/2013 10:27:05 PM
Two of the best games available on the 3DS and both a must in everyone's collection.

3D Land shows off how the 3D can enhance the gameplay rather than just the visuals, helping to judge depth and essential in figuring out many perspective tricks put in by the developers. It's on the easy side at first, but you unlock more difficult stages later on, and there's a lot of content overall. Great graphics and music too, on the gameplay side it's a fresh take on Mario platforming in general, perfectly blending 2D and 3D Mario and coming up with an ultimately original concept.

Awakening is a pretty deep strategy rpg with great customization of your ever-growing party, fantastic production values (especially for the series) and a huge amount of missions. It's been made accessible for newcomers but it can still be played old-school with a high difficulty level, so there's something for everyone. Great DLCs and replayability too.

ITP: Let's ignore the rest of this guy's great overview and focus on one single word that doesn't affect the points he makes at all!
---
Pichu and such.
Nanocarp and such.
#14EndgamePosted 9/10/2013 7:09:04 AM
3D Land is a twisted mockery of the once great Mario franchise, with no effort in stage design or anything of the sort

Awakening is a twisted mockery of the once great Fire Emblem franchise, with no effort in chapter design or anything of the sort, plus, it's a waifu factory game where most of the girls are ugly.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15BahamutBBobPosted 9/10/2013 7:45:50 AM
I was very disappointed with 3D Land, and ended up selling it. Which I almost never do.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#16yankee6903Posted 9/10/2013 7:51:28 AM
FE was my first in the series and I was pretty disappointed. Mediocre story, no variance to missions, and most character interaction through cutscenes in the barracks. I also was frustrated with the set difficulties: normal was WAY too easy and hard was WAY too hard...I just couldnt find a happy medium.
#17Bigmac909Posted 9/10/2013 9:16:13 AM
3D land is decent, and you'll probably enjoy Fire Emblem if you've never played another game in the series. If you have, then there's something to compare it too, and you'll realize it sucks.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun