So another streetpass from home question.

#1Dragon5hPosted 9/8/2013 2:30:46 PM
So, I think I set up the streetpass from home deal using tethering on my Galaxy S4. My 3ds shows the Nintendo Zone available deal so I guess it's transmitting. I put in the MAC address and nothing happened as far as I can tell. The wifi tether does show activity going on with the data but no green light for Mii's coming in to the plaza.

Since nothing was working, I decided to click on the Nintendo Zone icon and see what happens. I thought it would just say not able to connect or whatever. That's not what happened though, I was able to connect to the Nintendo Zone from home and it gave me the info about putting animal crossing and heading to bestbuy to d/l the slushie machine. I put the game in and talked to Pelly, bam!, I got the machine. The closest BB is 20 miles away.

So I was able to get the item but no Mii's are coming into my plaza. I really need the other Mii's to come in for puzzle pieces. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
---
I refuse to fight a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.
#2Dragon5h(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 7:51:04 PM
Bump in hopes someone can help me.
---
#3kalvadorPosted 9/8/2013 8:53:56 PM
Make sure your 3ds is in sleep mode and wait, with my setup it takes around 110 seconds for a streetpass.
---
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn
#4picanoPosted 9/8/2013 9:05:32 PM
I think kalvador's advice will help out but if it doesn't.

What MAC are you using? Is it one of the "Prime" ones from gbatemp? If it isn't (or if somehow you mis-entered / it mis-applied), you could be in an empty Nintendo Zone. (In the Windows thread there was talk that some adapters change 4X:XX:XX:XX addresses to 1X or 2X, limiting the amount of people to interact with. Not sure if that kind of issue can happen with phones or not.)
---
3D and catgirls! : http://picanogfx.unotaku.com/
#5Dragon5h(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 9:45:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll give the suggestions a try tomorrow. I'd love to get this thing working.
---
#6Dragon5h(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 9:52:44 PM
picano posted...
I think kalvador's advice will help out but if it doesn't.

What MAC are you using? Is it one of the "Prime" ones from gbatemp? If it isn't (or if somehow you mis-entered / it mis-applied), you could be in an empty Nintendo Zone. (In the Windows thread there was talk that some adapters change 4X:XX:XX:XX addresses to 1X or 2X, limiting the amount of people to interact with. Not sure if that kind of issue can happen with phones or not.)

I forgot to mention that I was using the prime address listed. As it stands, I have the SSID on the tether listed as "attwifi" I also changed my mobile hotspot to "attwifi" as well. That's how I got the Nintendo Zone to load up.
---
#7kalvadorPosted 9/9/2013 12:40:06 PM
So, were you succesful today?
---
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn
#8Dragon5h(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 6:39:55 PM
Unfortunately no, I was hoping it would work but it doesn't seem to wanna connect anything other than baseline Mac. When it does connect, it only give my Wifes Mii. I think my phone treats it as a closed system. I tried it 2 hours apart so I know there had to be more then just her and I. I guess I'm going to have to wait till someone with an S4 can figure it out. I've tried so many combinations with the tethering that my head is now spinning. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.
---
#9RocketZXbluePosted 9/14/2013 3:47:35 AM
kalvador posted...
Make sure your 3ds is in sleep mode and wait, with my setup it takes around 110 seconds for a streetpass.

it takes ~40 seconds for me per pass, I setup my mac cycler to 1 address per minute it goes off EVERY minute
---
3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 PSN: RocketZXBlue
Member of the StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#10HugDaddyPosted 9/14/2013 4:38:10 AM
I've had the TC's problem. It usually is remedied by a computer reboot. Have you done that?
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...