What would be my end all be all Pokemon game?

#1TheHunter56Posted 9/8/2013 6:46:06 PM
I have a DSlite and I'm looking to pick up a Pokemon game as I haven't really played one since Emerald. I want one that has some of the newer features but I don't want to be overrun with unfamiliar Pokemon.

I'm not worried about price because they all cost about the same new/used regardless of system. I just want to find one with lots of content (I.E. HG/SS) but not a whole bunch of unknown Pokemon.
---
XBox 360 & PSN: The Hunter56
NNID: Jmarsh56
#2SalogyPosted 9/8/2013 7:20:10 PM
TheHunter56 posted...
I'm not worried about price because they all cost about the same new/used regardless of system. I just want to find one with lots of content (I.E. HG/SS) but not a whole bunch of unknown Pokemon.

Looks like you answered your own question.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3TheHunter56(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 2:55:53 AM
True, those are the ones I am leaning more towards. But I guess my question really should have been does Platinum offer a similar amount of content without completely losing a new player in new Pokemon?
---
XBox 360 & PSN: The Hunter56
NNID: Jmarsh56
#4FroakiePosted 9/9/2013 4:45:04 AM
HG/SS > Platinum
---
http://i.imgur.com/EPGPNKk.jpg
#5KillingHarderPosted 9/9/2013 5:33:18 AM
Heart Gold is hands down my favorite on the DS. Though that's because it is a remake of my all time favorite Pokemon game.
#6fallenKlNGPosted 9/9/2013 6:47:37 AM
Sounds like you're looking to either play HG/SS or Platinum. I'd go with Platinum since even though I had a blast with Heart Gold, I'd rather have a completely new game over a remake of something I've already played. There are still some old Pokemon in Platinum unlike the 5th gen games, so I'd go with that. You can emulate every Pokemon game for free very easily, but it's not exactly legal (about as illegal as downloading free movies & music)... so.. yeah.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#7IamPeanutButterPosted 9/9/2013 8:05:20 AM
For some reason, I thought I'd seen the topic reading like this:

What would be an END TO ALL all Pokemon game?

#8fallenKlNGPosted 9/9/2013 8:14:31 AM
IamPeanutButter posted...

A Pokemon MMO would be an end to all Pokemon games... and the end of the world:

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/52546/be-careful-what-you-wish-for
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#9Pupu27Posted 9/9/2013 8:27:59 AM
fallenKlNG posted...
IamPeanutButter posted...

A Pokemon MMO would be an end to all Pokemon games... and the end of the world:

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/52546/be-careful-what-you-wish-for

Even if Gamefreak goes with the MMO route I would still prefer they keep Pokemon on handheld consoles. I don't know why but Pokemon on big screen TV seems so wrong to me.
---
God gave us the English language to troll on Gamefaqs :)
#10Sub TankPosted 9/9/2013 8:58:12 AM
Pokemon snap. A picture is worth a thousand words which is more than there are pokemon.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1