Your reaction if: Nintendo hired Vanillaware to make a Metroid game.

#1Tempest717Posted 9/8/2013 11:42:48 PM
Obviously it'd be a 2D side-scroller. Just a random idea I had today, I'm not even sure if I think it's a good idea yet.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#2NowujaloPosted 9/8/2013 11:50:38 PM
YES YES YES YES YES
More Metroid love please (getting real sick of Legend of Zelda/Mario 24/7)
---
I own the 3DS, Vita, PS3, and Wii U!
Want to add me give me a PM!
#3RoksuPosted 9/9/2013 12:10:32 AM
Why Vanillaware? After playing Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, I'd say no.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#4BuretsuPosted 9/9/2013 12:13:00 AM
Roksu posted...
Dragon's Crown

Oh, god, now you've got me picturing hyper-exaggerated Samus Aran....
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5Monkmaster79Posted 9/9/2013 12:38:41 AM
Buretsu posted...
Roksu posted...
Dragon's Crown

And she looks gooooooood.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 9/9/2013 12:42:11 AM
Buretsu posted...
Roksu posted...
Dragon's Crown

Well, Metroid Other M already ruined her credibility, may as well ride the wave of sexualisation.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7EarthLord_CJPosted 9/9/2013 1:28:25 AM
Well, it'd be colourful, that's for sure.

I have a little bit of an issue with making the series look more 'anime' though, since I've always loved that the Metroid series has been fairly Western-looking for a good number of years. Not that I dislike what Vanillaware does in the graphic department (Muramasa was bloody gorgeous, and Dragon's Crown looks amazing from what I've seen too).

Wouldn't actually be worried about over-sexualisation, though, since Nintendo would still have to 'okay' that kind of thing, and I imagine that they wouldn't. The reason why Dragon's Crown looked the way it did was because Atlus let them do whatever they wanted with it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the guy mainly responsible for the sexualisation in DC isn't the only employee who works on the graphical design for Vanillaware.

And of course, it needs to be more Metroid-vania than Metroid-vania, if you know what I mean. The fact that Muramasa had such a great emphasis on combat was perfect for the game (considering the setting), but Metroid has always been about exploring desolate worlds, getting dem upgrades. Muramasa didn't have any of that (which is fine, BTW).
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#8BuretsuPosted 9/9/2013 1:37:26 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
Wouldn't actually be worried about over-sexualisation, though, since Nintendo would still have to 'okay' that kind of thing, and I imagine that they wouldn't.

I don't know, Other M liked to focus on Samus's physique an awful lot.. And she spent a lot of time not in her Power Suit... And her Zero Suit got prominent high heels...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9X1-4EverPosted 9/9/2013 1:48:55 AM
I've always thought, if they really wanted to have a different take on the character yet still retain credibility...

Retcon Other M's Samus as an X.

No, not a joke. And this could present Nintendo with the opportunity to create an awesome new game.

Think about this for a moment...

** Metroid series spoilers, Fusion included, follow **

So in the beginning of Metroid Fusion we see Samus entirely infected with X. Her suit is literally leaking the parasites as the ship collides with an asteroid and is presumed lost; the ship ejects the pod as it's going into the asteroid belt, the pod is collected by the Feds, and Fusion starts.

But what if the ship wasn't completely destroyed?

We've seen that the ship has the remarkable ability to autorepair...

So what if, as we saw with the X in the Space Station, an X survived?

And what if she, as "Samus", was able to (as we saw in Zero Mission) get another Power Suit as that Samus?

We'd end up with a Samus with only the barest, most fragmented memory. If Other M actually was an X-Samus, instead of the real Samus, then it could take place in continuity with the Prime series, it would explain her massive lapses in mental judgement and... well, pretty much everything.

Plus, it would give Nintendo an opportunity to explore a new game where this character now may have to come to terms with the fact that even though she's got the ship and acquired another Power Suit, she's not the real Samus...
#10BuretsuPosted 9/9/2013 1:50:44 AM
X1-4Ever posted...
I've always thought, if they really wanted to have a different take on the character yet still retain credibility...

Retcon Other M's Samus as an X.

No, not a joke. And this could present Nintendo with the opportunity to create an awesome new game.

Think about this for a moment...

** Metroid series spoilers, Fusion included, follow **

So in the beginning of Metroid Fusion we see Samus entirely infected with X. Her suit is literally leaking the parasites as the ship collides with an asteroid and is presumed lost; the ship ejects the pod as it's going into the asteroid belt, the pod is collected by the Feds, and Fusion starts.

But what if the ship wasn't completely destroyed?

We've seen that the ship has the remarkable ability to autorepair...

So what if, as we saw with the X in the Space Station, an X survived?

And what if she, as "Samus", was able to (as we saw in Zero Mission) get another Power Suit as that Samus?

We'd end up with a Samus with only the barest, most fragmented memory. If Other M actually was an X-Samus, instead of the real Samus, then it could take place in continuity with the Prime series, it would explain her massive lapses in mental judgement and... well, pretty much everything.

Plus, it would give Nintendo an opportunity to explore a new game where this character now may have to come to terms with the fact that even though she's got the ship and acquired another Power Suit, she's not the real Samus...

Massive problem: Other M took place before Fusion.
---