Why Mighty No 9 contradicts Inafune's view on Japanese games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why Mighty No 9 contradicts Inafune's view on Japanese games
2 years ago#41
Nordini posted...
No. It includes all previous "non-limited" rewards which means only the rewards for $250and lower.

Ah, you're right.

Still, my point (that you glossed over) stands. The invitation is the difference of a dollar for people who will already be willing to pay that much. It's not like you're obligated to go or accept the invitation. You have the option of pledging with or without it.

They aren't paying for your flights. Or your lodging expenses. Or anything like that. They believe it is literally worth $9,750 for you to have the "privilege" to pay thousands more to fly down and have dinner with this Keiji guy. L.o.l. He is a video game designer. Not Leonardo Da Vinci.

Which they explicitly tell you. If one won't pay those expenses, then they sign up under the $9,999 pledge. Some people may really want to meet their favorite game designer or talk with him about things. I don't personally think it's worth it, but I'm not self-righteous over how others spend their money either. It's up to the person to decide that for themselves. I don't see the word "privilege" or a part concerning this even written by Inafune, either. If anyone is up their own ass about this, it's people like you.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
2 years ago#42
randomshems posted...
This game isn't megaman and never will be megaman o_o it's just an indie game thats it -.-

its made and design by the same guy who do megaman
---
FC3437-4140-5298
Or add me in skype: fortyliy1
2 years ago#43
lkhlkh posted...
randomshems posted...
This game isn't megaman and never will be megaman o_o it's just an indie game thats it -.-

its made and design by the same guy who do megaman

As well as the lady who made the music for literally every classic megaman (1-10), and ALOT of the other games. Then there are programmers on the team who have worked on MM games as early as the first, some nembers who were in charge of Megaman legends 1&2 (and also the guy who was going to be lead designer in Legends 3), among other Megaman vets. To say this isnt megaman is ludicrous, almost the entire dev team and staff have worked on a Megaman game at some point , with many of them working on the series for years. It might not be megaman in name due to copyright/ip ownership issues, but this game very much is megaman spiritually.
2 years ago#44
TwilightEchoes posted...
Nordini posted...
No. It includes all previous "non-limited" rewards which means only the rewards for $250and lower.

Ah, you're right.

Still, my point (that you glossed over) stands. The invitation is the difference of a dollar for people who will already be willing to pay that much. It's not like you're obligated to go or accept the invitation. You have the option of pledging with or without it.

They aren't paying for your flights. Or your lodging expenses. Or anything like that. They believe it is literally worth $9,750 for you to have the "privilege" to pay thousands more to fly down and have dinner with this Keiji guy. L.o.l. He is a video game designer. Not Leonardo Da Vinci.

Which they explicitly tell you. If one won't pay those expenses, then they sign up under the $9,999 pledge. Some people may really want to meet their favorite game designer or talk with him about things. I don't personally think it's worth it, but I'm not self-righteous over how others spend their money either. It's up to the person to decide that for themselves. I don't see the word "privilege" or a part concerning this even written by Inafune, either. If anyone is up their own ass about this, it's people like you.

It is a "privilege" because this means who wouldn't have dinner with a fan unless they paid him $10,000. You are paying for the privilege. Unless you are trying to say he would do this for free.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
2 years ago#45
Nordini posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...
Nordini posted...

Ah, you're right.

It is a "privilege" because this means who wouldn't have dinner with a fan unless they paid him $10,000. You are paying for the privilege. Unless you are trying to say he would do this for free.

Actually your only paying him a $1.
---
psn ID: Evilmomo_FEAR Pokemon White 2 FC: Yomomo-3440-1377-3467
2 years ago#46
SumomoYeah posted...
Nordini posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...
Nordini posted...

Ah, you're right.

Actually your only paying him a $1.

No...because the extra dollar loses you the $9,700 value in other rewards you would get.

You only get the rewards from $250 and lower with the dinner.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
2 years ago#47
I'd like to think that the younger Inafune would have shook his head in shame at the older Inafune, because 'following his vision' apparently equates to 'remaking Megaman Zero with a new coat of paint'.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
2 years ago#48
Nordini posted...
I also liked how they included Wii U with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and not the PS4 / X1 on the stretch goal list, acknowledging that Wii U is not actually a next-gen console.

That actually makes me respect this project more.

It's actually because the Wii U is already out and thus developer kits for it are much easier to come by than developer kits for the PS4 or Xbox One...

But I'm sure you know that, you just want to troll.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
2 years ago#49
Geno posted...
I'd like to think that the younger Inafune would have shook his head in shame at the older Inafune, because 'following his vision' apparently equates to 'remaking Megaman Zero with a new coat of paint'.

Oh so you've played it. And it plays like Zero? Awesome! Zero was the ish.

OH wait. It also seems to have BN elements in a side-scroller. And they are still hashing out ideas for it. So, how would you even know what the end result is?

Oh, you don't. Bummer.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
2 years ago#50
SignusZeriel posted...
Oh so you've played it. And it plays like Zero? Awesome! Zero was the ish.

OH wait. It also seems to have BN elements in a side-scroller. And they are still hashing out ideas for it. So, how would you even know what the end result is?

Oh, you don't. Bummer.

Yeah, I have played it. I hopped in my time machine and took off to the future to give it a spin, see if it was any good. It plays well, but it's still Megaman Zero with a fresh coat of paint. And it has no Battle Network elements. Not sure where you got Battle Network from, honestly, since it shares absolutely no similarities with it.

But, hey, you haven't played the game yet, so I forgive you.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why Mighty No 9 contradicts Inafune's view on Japanese games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived