Capcom to focus on increasing the longevity of DLC to cope with poor sales

#10121_21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 9:36:32 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
How can they expect people to be interested in the game for longer if they put less content in the original release?

Hey Sinfullyvannilla, don't tell me something that even you can do yourself.

Look at this post. In this post I quoted you outright insinuated that DLCs are necessary to prolong a game's life. So, yeah, here's your proof right here.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum
#102OoSubaruoOPosted 9/10/2013 9:36:39 PM
EM_Mega posted...
This is the greatest "BOOHOO I WANT MEGAMAN AGAIN CAPCOM SUCKS GAIS" circlejerk I have ever seen.

Please continue, even the Reddit hivemind doesn't compare to this topic.

Watch out, we have a badass over here.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#103Darkwing EXEPosted 9/10/2013 9:36:50 PM
See, I don't really care about this milking complaint that's all the rage on the internet. I simply don't buy the next iteration if I don't feel like it, I'm not under obligation to buy every game. I don't know why it bothers people.

The reason I said that is because I don't understand how Megaman having 4 milked franchises(Mega Man, MMX, MM Battle Network and the Zero games) a is less immoral than SF games having multiple versions, especially considering they are requested. by their fans.

For one, a fighting games, if done well, have a much more longevity than action platiformers. It'll take a few weeks to master a platiformer, but would take a few months to master just one character in a fighter.

Second, each new game for a platiformer or rpg comes with it new and different music, new characters, and adds a new chapter to the overall story for that series. On average, a fighting game sequel doesn't add much on those areas. Probably some new moves for some characters but not much else. And in the case of SF4, their really haven't been any truly new characters beside Juri, Hakan and Seth.

Don't forget, SF had 5 series going at once itself. II, Alpha, III, EX, and Capcom Vs. SNK. The IV series is getting their love because DLC means they don't have to work on anything else but a adding a couple of characters. No new music, stages, modes or moves for older characters.
It's not about fan request. It's about what's cheaper.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#10421_21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 9:38:07 PM
EM_Mega posted...
This is the greatest "BOOHOO I WANT MEGAMAN AGAIN CAPCOM SUCKS GAIS" circlejerk I have ever seen.

Please continue, even the Reddit hivemind doesn't compare to this topic.

Go create your own circlejerk about people creating circlejerk for no Megaman game while you're at it! I suggest you don't do it at Reddit, though, as that place is too busy beating other dead horses.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum
#105DEMONPANDA212Posted 9/10/2013 10:12:04 PM
21_21 posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/capcom-to-increase-focus-on-dlc-development-and-sales/

I'm not exactly sure what Capcom is trying to explain, but it seems to me that they're trying to combat the root of the problem using DLCs rather than actual games themselves. Once again, you never cease to amaze me, Capcom...

Almost like Nintendo with Mario or Fire Eblem.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#106SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/10/2013 11:12:43 PM(edited)
21_21 posted...
How can they expect people to be interested in the game for longer if they put less content in the original release?

Hey Sinfullyvannilla, don't tell me something that even you can do yourself.

Look at this post. In this post I quoted you outright insinuated that DLCs are necessary to prolong a game's life. So, yeah, here's your proof right here.

Umm, no, that actually infers the complete opposite notion.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#107NemerlightPosted 9/11/2013 2:36:19 AM
I regret to say that, up to now, we had few plans for the full-scale implementation of DLC. From here on out, we need to focus on the long-term provision of content starting at the earliest stages of development

Great.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#108NathanisDrakePosted 9/11/2013 2:40:37 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
21_21 posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/capcom-to-increase-focus-on-dlc-development-and-sales/

I'm not exactly sure what Capcom is trying to explain, but it seems to me that they're trying to combat the root of the problem using DLCs rather than actual games themselves. Once again, you never cease to amaze me, Capcom...

Almost like Nintendo with Mario or Fire Eblem.

*cough* Free DLC. *cough*
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/iPM2IFl.jpg
#109OoSubaruoOPosted 9/11/2013 2:46:31 AM
You should try using a lozenge for that cough.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#110NathanisDrakePosted 9/11/2013 2:51:34 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
You should try using a lozenge for that cough.

Thanks for the tip.

*cough*
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/iPM2IFl.jpg