Why are Nintendo fans so obsessed with digital?

#1cheechmoosterPosted 9/10/2013 10:13:57 PM
Why are Nintendo fans mostly the ones posting topics like,"hey guys, who's going digital with this or that game"? It would seem to me with Nintendo's practically stone age eshop and primitive practices of having to send them both your new and old system for them to move your games over because they refuse to have a proper account system, the obvious choice when dealing with this company would be to always buy a hard copy. I have a Wii U and a 3DS and I enjoy Nintendo games, but It seems like anybody with a good head on their shoulders would know what the better decision would be when you look at all of the downsides of having your games tied to your systems. It also doesn't help that Nintendo manufactures all of their products with the cheapest possible parts as opposed to Sony and Microsoft who's systems I also own and who have good online stores and account systems. There isn't anybody on this board that can hold a Wii U pro controller and a 360 controller and say in comparison the Nintendo controller feels like a piece of crap.
#2Starwars4JPosted 9/10/2013 10:16:45 PM
No idea, the obvious choice is always a physical copy regardless of company. You're wrong about parts though, Nintendo traditionally has the lowest hardware failure rate in the industry. The 360 is well known for the red ring, and while the PS3 is better than the terrible hardware in the PS2, it still has a long way to go before it can think about touching a Nintendo system in terms of being well built.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3mrjack3112Posted 9/10/2013 10:18:49 PM
I feel you are just merely missing a great point in Nintendo, but your post makes sense.
#4BigDaddyWingnutPosted 9/10/2013 10:19:53 PM
Starwars4J posted...
No idea, the obvious choice is always a physical copy regardless of company. You're wrong about parts though, Nintendo traditionally has the lowest hardware failure rate in the industry. The 360 is well known for the red ring, and while the PS3 is better than the terrible hardware in the PS2, it still has a long way to go before it can think about touching a Nintendo system in terms of being well built.

Quoted for truth.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
I don't know who started saying "Murica", but it's not even funny. Saying it just makes you look stupid, so stop!
#5MarkMiltonPosted 9/10/2013 10:20:23 PM
combine a portable game device with the ability to not have to carry around physical cartridges, and you get a lot of people going digital.

it's the same for the Vita.

it's just a logical thing to do.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#6samurai banditPosted 9/10/2013 10:25:06 PM
MarkMilton posted...
combine a portable game device with the ability to not have to carry around physical cartridges, and you get a lot of people going digital.

---
Go and watch Ef ~ A tale of memories now!
#7bcorneliaPosted 9/10/2013 10:37:00 PM
I think it's just that people like saying "going digital".

Nintendo, going full-on memetic. Those bastards.
---
This is an elite pirate
#8cheechmooster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:48:16 PM
Starwars4J posted...

I know about the laser and the RROD but I was talking more about the cheap feel of the actual systems and controllers, but if we're talking about defects I returned my first 3DS because the circle pad would get stuck in the bottom left corner, and the replacement had a R button that didn't work, so it took me 3 times before I got an acceptable 3DS but even this one has a messed up hinge so when i close it the left side of the top screen stays up considerably and doesn't even make contact with the bottom so it really doesn't close properly and my Wii U has a mushy A button. Sony may have got a batch of crappy lasers and Microsoft rushed their system out without enough testing but Nintendo's cheapness is intentional.
#9awkwardbomb1Posted 9/10/2013 10:48:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Primum_MobilePosted 9/10/2013 10:50:06 PM
cheechmooster posted...
and primitive practices of having to send them both your new and old system for them to move your games over

um... what are you talking about? You can do system transfer by yourself.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)