Why are Nintendo fans so obsessed with digital?

#11cheechmooster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:51:10 PM
MarkMilton posted...
combine a portable game device with the ability to not have to carry around physical cartridges, and you get a lot of people going digital.

it's the same for the Vita.

it's just a logical thing to do.

OK fair enough, but I see this all over the Wii U board at times.
#12BuretsuPosted 9/10/2013 10:55:27 PM
cheechmooster posted...
MarkMilton posted...
combine a portable game device with the ability to not have to carry around physical cartridges, and you get a lot of people going digital.

Digital is the future. Physical copies are gradually dying out, and in a couple of generations, will be gone entirely. Mainly on PC, though, since consoles will be held back by proprietary shops, like PSN, Xbox Live, and eShop that don't have competition and thus fewer price reductions.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#13cheechmooster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:56:32 PM
Primum_Mobile posted...
cheechmooster posted...
and primitive practices of having to send them both your new and old system for them to move your games over

um... what are you talking about? You can do system transfer by yourself.

If your old system is broken you can still do the data transfer?
#14mrjack3112Posted 9/10/2013 10:57:16 PM
Buretsu posted...
cheechmooster posted...
MarkMilton posted...

Digital is the future. Physical copies are gradually dying out, and in a couple of generations, will be gone entirely. Mainly on PC, though, since consoles will be held back by proprietary shops, like PSN, Xbox Live, and eShop that don't have competition and thus fewer price reductions.

You think so? People are stubborn, especially constumers.
#15mrjack3112Posted 9/10/2013 10:57:57 PM
cheechmooster posted...
Primum_Mobile posted...
cheechmooster posted...
and primitive practices of having to send them both your new and old system for them to move your games over

um... what are you talking about? You can do system transfer by yourself.

If your old system is broken you can still do the data transfer?

what do you mean 'broken'?
#16RPGNinja123Posted 9/10/2013 10:59:30 PM
Physical always.

Don't get me wrong, its great to be able to switch between games super fast without changing discs... but until someone shows me a fool proof account system that is shared across all consoles, I will never trust digital.

Paying for the same thing twice is for suckers.
---
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me)
If Obamacare is so amazing, how come nobody in Congress follows it?
#17Dev0311Posted 9/10/2013 11:01:29 PM
cheechmooster posted...
Why are Nintendo fans mostly the ones posting topics like,"hey guys, who's going digital with this or that game"? It would seem to me with Nintendo's practically stone age eshop and primitive practices of having to send them both your new and old system for them to move your games over because they refuse to have a proper account system, the obvious choice when dealing with this company would be to always buy a hard copy. I have a Wii U and a 3DS and I enjoy Nintendo games, but It seems like anybody with a good head on their shoulders would know what the better decision would be when you look at all of the downsides of having your games tied to your systems. It also doesn't help that Nintendo manufactures all of their products with the cheapest possible parts as opposed to Sony and Microsoft who's systems I also own and who have good online stores and account systems. There isn't anybody on this board that can hold a Wii U pro controller and a 360 controller and say in comparison the Nintendo controller feels like a piece of crap.

Their account system isn't stone age. Why can I transfer VC games from Wii to Wii U, but I can't do the same from PS3 to PS4 or 360 to Xboned? Even though I pay for those accounts.
#18mrjack3112Posted 9/10/2013 11:04:42 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Physical always.

Don't get me wrong, its great to be able to switch between games super fast without changing discs... but until someone shows me a fool proof account system that is shared across all consoles, I will never trust digital.

Agreed physical cartridges have more defaults than digital versions. At least if your console breaks down Nintendo will reimburse you for the amount of money you paid for them. Rather than physical, Nintendo will just feed you some obstruction so you have to deal with your lost in one way or another.
#19BuretsuPosted 9/10/2013 11:04:42 PM
mrjack3112 posted...
Buretsu posted...
cheechmooster posted...
MarkMilton posted...

You think so? People are stubborn, especially constumers.

Well, you can convince a lot of the holdouts just by allowing the resale of digital content, which is one of the main complaints people have about digital. There will still be some collectors who want a physical copy just to have something to display, but there's not a lot that can be done to please them, so they might just end up getting left behind..
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#20RPGNinja123Posted 9/10/2013 11:06:04 PM
mrjack3112 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Physical always.

Agreed physical cartridges have more defaults than digital versions. At least if your console breaks down Nintendo will reimburse you for the amount of money you paid for them. Rather than physical, Nintendo will just feed you some obstruction so you have to deal with your lost in one way or another.

yeah and they can't even get it right on the consoles. They won't even let you keep your purchases content on the PS3 to the PS4. Same thing with going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

Just shameful stuff.
---
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me)
If Obamacare is so amazing, how come nobody in Congress follows it?